ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Steering Wheel Re-trimmed

Absolutely horrendous before - leather had melted to the point it was soft and you could pick bits off with your fingers. Thimg grips weren't too bad but had started coming off. Felt awful to use.

8154792834_f719acafdd_b.jpg

8154790630_c918c09206_b.jpg

8154759747_d41201cbd5_b.jpg

8154757943_6aa17f1b99_b.jpg

Really impressed with how it turned out, exactly what I wanted and exactly as I expected. Seems a perfect match for the airbag too :approve:

8154597689_6e435792c6_b.jpg

8154626584_9fea75baca_b.jpg

8154628672_7688493b26_b.jpg

8154630424_f4b729a421_b.jpg

8154605051_dfb725718d_b.jpg

Focus st3 & t5.1 day
seriously need to get mine done, could you pm me where/who done it for you please?

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I've got one of Snappys re-trimmed wheels in my Cup, one of the first ones Sold on here I think so probably about 2 years back and it's still like new.

you are missing a letter from your decal mate...
Really? I never noticed.

It was done by snappy on here (the guy who used to do Arrans), brilliant service and managed to do this in a couple of days. Even met me with the new one so I could fit it straight away :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Really? I never noticed.

It was done by snappy on here (the guy who used to do Arrans), brilliant service and managed to do this in a couple of days. Even met me with the new one so I could fit it straight away :)

I wanted him to do one for me too, but he doesn't have paypal, & suggested i send him cash in with the steering wheel lol.

Great if you are local to him though!!!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
with the little coloured bit at the top and a very good job though! you could say that about a steering wheel that is really manky and melted, it'd still be black round and a steering wheel :L you so silly. :p

True you could say that, although why he would have done a s**t job on mine and a good one on this one is beyond me...

Mine is plain black with silver stitching to keep it as OEM as possible.

IIRC I paid by bank transfer and be happy to do so again should the need arise, workmanship is second to none.

ta6eqety.jpg

a3ezy2u2.jpg

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
how much we talking as frankly thats mint

does he rock them on an exchange as well i presume?

I just borrowed a spare off a mate and sent him mine. He doesn't have one to start with so can't exchange. I wouldn't say it was expensive, no.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm up for this to if the price is right. I'm going to see some local places to.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
There's a couple if upholsterers local to me that I'm going to approach so I'll see what they can do and if they're willing at what prices.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Ears wide open mick, if you can find local place that'll do a well priced job as good as that I'm in too, East mids group buy ftw? ;)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sorry to thread hijack but ive got a price for them being re-trimmed.

I'm sending mine in next week to be done so you can see exactly what's what. If its good I'll arrange a non-profit group buy.

Mick