ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Standalone management

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Good afternoon chaps i've had a look and couldn't find answers to my query.

I've come across a problem whilst relocating the ecu (to the interior) and getting rid of unwanted wires out of my engine/interior loom, so as of now i've got 3 options
1) Do the loom and hope it starts
2) Buy a new interior/engine loom and start again
3) Go down the route of standalone management and bin off the canbus/immobiliser all together.

At the moment i'm not planning on going down the route of itb's but it could be something i'd look into at a later date, but what i don't want is to run a management along side the std ecu/immobiliser.

So question what type of management is best and would easily run the engine and a race technology dash 2 and would be able to run itb's at a later date?.

TrackCar & F30 330d
Are you planning on having the car on the road?

If not then bin the lot and go for a standalone ECU like me! I made all the looms for my car just like Big_Ash is doing right now!

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Sorry chrispy should have said in the previous post, my plan is to have the car road legal (as a back up car) but will be used mainly as a track car.

At the moment i've separated the lights/ind/fan/water bottle/brake pot/wiper motor wiring away from the engine loom as i'm planning on running it separately.

What standalone management have you gone for? and is it a case of fred@btm is able to program a map easily as i'm planning to have him do the dash2 wiring and setup.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Oh another thing to add is i've totally removed the A/C,PAS,Heaters,Airbags,Carbon canister,ABS+load sensor,Fuel tank,Acoustic valve,electric windows, and all the other things that's not really needed as a track car.

Plan for the fuel tank is to run a facet red top as a lift pump into a 1.5ltr swirl pot and then a Bosch 044 as a feed pump.
And for the brakes i've fitted a bias valve to over come the load sensor.