ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ST Content Inside ..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'd have a petrol one no bother. infinately more reliable than a tdci one. (imo! before the cnuts start moaning)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It just makes me laugh that anything ford you think is amazing. The op has a diesel mondeo and you are more or less sucking him off. If it was a diesel laguna no doubt much lolz would be had.

Yeah i'm loving all the Ford's on here.

It's a bloody good allround car. Have a look at my posts in this section and find out how much I appreciate different cars.

Maybe it's an inferiority thing.

S3 Sportback, Ninja
Yeah i'm loving all the Ford's on here.

It's a bloody good allround car. Have a look at my posts in this section and find out how much I appreciate different cars.

Maybe it's an inferiority thing.

Jesus christ get your head from up your arse.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
How come every thread I click on has gally and Munson exchanging insults with someone?

Anyway, back on topic...... I too was looking at one of these when looking to flog the Audi but as said before, the list of faults and horror stories put me off.

Nice looking bus.

120d M Sport
How come every thread I click on has gally and Munson exchanging insults with someone?

Anyway, back on topic...... I too was looking at one of these when looking to flog the Audi but as said before, the list of faults and horror stories put me off.

Nice looking bus.

Tedious isn't it. Nice looking car, prefer the petrol version though.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member

agreed, just choose to ignore it though!

i quite like these my mate had a petrol one a few years back when they were new and it was a really nice place to be! would be diesel for me if buying new but 2nd hand diesels scare me! lol

As there seems to be quite a high demand, I've done a pic to help out.

IgnoreList.gif

Yeah. Although you'll still see things that are quoted IIRC. It's not perfect but it helps. Anyway, maybe instead of whining about a dislike of people from The Internet, perhaps we should get back on topic yeah? lol.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Nice bus, considered buying both the ST220/Tdci a few times, but the lure of the roundel was/is always too strong ...

Drive blooming nicely though, & rather surprisingly (for a Ford) hold their value pretty well!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Yep - I've seen a couple up for the 10k mark recently which have sold! Dealers obviously.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just filled up the tank for the first time in two weeks - 600 miles ftw!

I reckon I could get closer to 700 if I stop planting my foot down!

Edition 30
Nice car and some good mileage.

Laughter at the people in the thread who can't take banter. Especially gally and Munson banter.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I've had this for just over 2 months now, I still love driving it!

My commute has now changed from a 30 mile journey to just under 130 so this car is more or less perfect. I was also able to get just under 700 miles on the last tank.

I've spent the day cleaning her up and also stuck the new plates on.

6736485867_830df6f1a4_b.jpg

Untitled by SimonNicholls27, on Flickr

6736487937_f221ece7c6_b.jpg

6736486527_de38b1418c_b.jpg

I'll probably end up running this into the ground - hopefully I'd easily be able to add another 100k to it without it dropping its guts!!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Got it booked into Fords on Tuesday to sort some issues out, currently have the following issues:

- Steering wheel needs to be at 1 o clock to be able to drive in a straight line, brand new set of tyres (did it before too) and the tracking is fine.

- Exhaust shield has broken apart underneath, which I think is causing a rattle when accelerating.

- what sounds like a boost pipe as I'm getting a whisetling noise when accelerating - I hope it's not the turbo on its way out!

LY 200
That little lots not gonna be cheap is it mate?

Bet you wish you could've chopped it in for that Aston? lol

Decent looking car mind. You still preferring it over the 182?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
The whistling is usually down to the turbo :(

The boost pipes aren't too bad on these. If it does turn out to be a boost pipe I still have a few of these in decent condition I could send you.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Half price labour and most parts so should be ok ... I hope!

I don't think the Aston would last 5 minutes if I'm honest! Especially the one I drove, it was on 50k!

I really like it still, it's quick, looks sporty and economical (and it has 100000x more toys compared to the 182!).

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Scrooge - I've not felt any loss of power or anything, I was under the assumption that the turbo generally just go's bang and gives no warning?

I hope it's one of the pipes - fingers crossed!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
You really won't notice lack in power tbh, you will get a whistle for a while before it goes. As these are soundproofed quite well most people won't notice.

If it's a pipe problem you'll usually get a bit more smoke out the back end.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
When you accelerate? I do notice a bit of smoke when accelerating.

Better gear myself up for a pricey week then, I read somewhere that a new Turbo was around £1k, lovely!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Hopefully it's a pipe then, although they're expensive too, as I said if you find out what one it is either come to me and I'll fit it or I'll send it then it won't cost anything.

From fords they are 1k but can be found fairly cheaper elsewhere, maybe even a hybrid if you fancied it?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Thanks mate - you're in Essex aren't you?

I'd probably just stick to a stock set-up, especially when I'm doing major mileage.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
No problem, they nearly got thrown away last week so would be good to put them to use. Yep in Essex mate, Tilbury.

True, they are garrett vnt17 turbos so will be easily accessible at cheaper prices.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just up the road from me then, I'm in Chafford Hundred.

I'll give you a shout next week and will let you know!

Thanks for the help.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
No problem mate, hopefully it's light on your pocket!

You cleaned the EGR out on it?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Luckily I've got a nice payment for mileage coming next week, so it will help!

Nope, not done that yet - I was going to have a go in the next couple of months.