ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ST Content Inside ..

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's very simple and worthwhile doing everytime you service it, two 10mm bolts and right at the front of the engine iirc.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Thanks Ian, I'm not sure what discount I will get with Fords, hopefully it'll cost me a lot less!

Although, fingers crossed it's not the Turbo at all!

LY 200
Think when my old boys TD went pop it cost him (or his company) £1700 to sort so hope it's not that mate.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just had the estimate back from Fords, they can't find anything wrong with the pipes / Turbo - whch is good news!

They have said that the car requires a new Crankshaft pulley, Alternator belt pully and a water pump tesnsioner. Quoted price was £545 incl VAT and labour, which to me sounds ok?

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Thanks guys - yes, it's a lovely car!

It has s**t loads of Torque in the higher gears and handles very well.

I'm very tempted to buy the Eibach springs, but not sure if it's worth it when I do so many miles!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just booked it in at a local garage, we got the parts direct from Fords with a very nice discount - I've been quoted £160 for fitting, it's cost me £300 for the parts.

Think I'm going to have to give it a good clean soon though, 130 miles a day is taking it's toll on the paintwork!

By the way, does anyone know what the paint warranty is on a Ford? I've had a little bit of rust come through on the bonnet. :(

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I doubt you'll get any warranty with bonnet being in the line of fire for chips mate. Worth a try though. Just ask the dealer.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Just booked it in at a local garage, we got the parts direct from Fords with a very nice discount - I've been quoted £160 for fitting, it's cost me £300 for the parts.

Think I'm going to have to give it a good clean soon though, 130 miles a day is taking it's toll on the paintwork!

By the way, does anyone know what the paint warranty is on a Ford? I've had a little bit of rust come through on the bonnet. :(

You will be replacing those pulleys again in less than a year :( They will just start rattling again.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Oh nope nothing like that, just let it rattle away. It's annoying and just does it on idle.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Ah great - I still don't know if that can cause hte whistle noise though!

I'm going to get them cahnged next week anyway and get them to check the steering.

They are going to remove the broken part of the exahust shield - I'll get a new once when the exhaust needs replacing.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It won't be causing the whistle, if they say the turbo is fine it could be the actuator. Although unless they took the turbo out and had a look they can't tell it's 100% healthy. They probably just checked the shaft for play.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I'm going to get them to have a look next week for me, until it goes bang there's not a lot that I can do!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
When mine went ( virtually the same turbo in my car ) I'd had it out the week before and there was no play in the shaft, 200 miles later it had gone.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Soon as it does go turn your engine off as the turbo will more than likely just pump all your oil into the intercooler.

If it's only whistling slightly I wouldn't worry mine did it for a over a year and took plenty of abuse.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I picked the car up from the garage on Monday afternoon - it feels like new!

The steering has been sorted (tracking was out, I won't be going to the garage that originally tested it again!).

Currently doing 65 MPG too, cruising at 60.

I'm still very tempted to Eibach lowering springs though.