ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Spinning bolt on gearbox mount

clio sport cup
After playing chase the donk noise, replaced ball joints, then put on solid top mounts the next weakest leak in the chain (gearbox mount) appears to have shown its hand on acceleration or braking.

I took out the battery, and first noticed the back bolt on the tray (to the chassis) was loose, so tightened that up. Then checked to see if the main mount bolt was loose. But it just spins around and around, a) is this correct, b) where can I get the spanner/socket too under the car to hold the other end still while I tighten it up? Is it a case of sliding a spanner in (size?) via feel?

cheers

Clio 172 cup
Very common for that bolt to snap in half

They are £17+ vat from renault

Could have just come loose so check that first, there is a nut on the other end too

clio sport cup
Yep, I just cannot see the other end of where the nut is, or get my mits up to feel for it. (or that it could actually be missing!, hence I cannot find it.) Should it require tourque on both ends to do up?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
complete dick when that comes loose, had to fight a few. it's a nyloc nut underneath. You can get to it with a spanner, but there's very little room

This was causing a knocking noise on mine, Tightened it up and all is well. Seem to just work loose over time?

clio sport cup
Will have look this weekend.. but yep.. i think that the one that is knocking, I may do all three again (the dogbone is powerflex so will have a look first) just to tighten it all up again.

Anyone remember the site where you can get the gearbox mounts for £18?