ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Engine Mount - bolt sizes and swapping pointers

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Have got a Vibratrechniques engine mount to go onto the car. It was second hand so I painted it to match the inlet colour (all to be fitted hopefully next week!).
Looking at the current bolts that hold the engine mount to the car they look a bit scabby compared to the fresh painted stuff. Without taking one out as I can't where I am (moving back home tomorrow!) but want to order new bolts now while I remember.

Did a search and it appears they are not standard bolts, or can I use normal M10 70mm bolts? I have found a part number 7703101553 and would anyone know if this is right? http://www.allcarpartsfast.co.uk/renault/renault-7703101553-bolt-m10-70/ Just seems a lot for an M10 bolt.

And to change the engine mount, am I right is saying.....
* remove under tray thing and prop a jack under the engine to hold it in place to stop it moving
* undo cam cover (I have a new one to go on)
* take off engine mount - presume the nut is captive and you don't need to get under neath them?
* reverse the above to refit

Oh and bolt torques! Anyone point me in the right direction for these!

Last edited:
  BG Clio 182
Make sure you put a piece of wood on the jack to spread the weight. You undo the 4 nuts holding the mount to the car, the nut through the middle of the mount and the 3 or 4 on the cam cover near the car.

They need torquing to 62nm I think. f**king tight basically. It's like a 20 minute job.

Everything is captive in the engine bay side so it'll be fine.

Sometimes on the engine tray underneath the nuts can come off and be a b*****d to get back on. It's hard if you don't Jack the car up in this instance. You need two people to get the back on if this happens lol.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Make sure you put a piece of wood on the jack to spread the weight. You undo the 4 nuts holding the mount to the car, the nut through the middle of the mount and the 3 or 4 on the cam cover near the car.

They need torquing to 62nm I think. f**king tight basically. It's like a 20 minute job.

Everything is captive in the engine bay side so it'll be fine.

Sometimes on the engine tray underneath the nuts can come off and be a b*****d to get back on. It's hard if you don't Jack the car up in this instance. You need two people to get the back on if this happens lol.

Sounds like I had it sorted in my mind!! Yeah will spread the weight, I have seen horror stories of jacks going through/damaging sumps and that, but I will find a suitable place to support it.
The engine tray has been off serveral times, it was off last week when I changed the oil so pretty confident it will be fine.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
none of them will do the job though and you need a thick washer with them as well.
So it has to be the "genuine" item? I am sure I can sort a washer out aas there are plenty kicking about in the workshop, or re-use the washer. Just the heads looked old compared to the fresh painted look I wanted to change

BG Clio 182
So it has to be the "genuine" item? I am sure I can sort a washer out aas there are plenty kicking about in the workshop, or re-use the washer. Just the heads looked old compared to the fresh painted look I wanted to change
Tbf, I just painted the bolt heads with a brush when they were in situe. Looks really good tbh.