ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

spec my macbook

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Very useful thread as i'm in the middle of looking at getting a MBP (thanks to TEG for heads-up)

Although, the different opinions doesn't help me so much, ineviteable really though.

I'll take you shopping. Show you the options.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
can you do that, dont you need to have proof of going to uni or anything?

As the chap said, that's just the direct link to the HE discount store for Plymouth uni, you just order on there as you would the normal store.

Queue that link being abused by anyone now who wants to use it for HE discount :p

clio 197
bought!!!

decided on a 15" 2.3 8gb of ram, and added a rather sexy paul smith case aswell! just about to place anouther order for speakers and a time caps. Then my apple fetish will be sorted for anouther month lol

clio 197
ha :)

just got my order confirmation through however and even tho the website stated 1-3 days disptach im looking at estimated delivery of the 18th? is this just a saftey back for them. Or am i reall going to wait 2 weeks :( yippee still though. :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
1-3 days will be for a stocked build.

Yours will be longer because of the upgraded RAM, it'll come direct from the manufacturer, or one of their subsidiaries.

clio 197
£80

i just went for everything i thought would keep the price up on re sale. + what i think will make it a very good laptop

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh, phew.

I was about to abusively PM you, asking you why exactly you didn't make me spec the right one.

Ah well my 13's awesome for what I use it for.

clio 197
Woooo laptop arrived today along with its sexy paul smith case.

totally silent! Sooooo quick compared to my 27" imac.

im very happy and it was totally worth the wait :)

best laptop i think i have every owned fully specced. Just need to work now :) :(

clio 197
its basic spec. cost £1300 ish bought as i thought it would be perfect for what i do but i see the spinning wheel every 10 mins atm so i bought this laptop as a parter in crime really. it will sit and do some of the work whilst im at work along side its big brother and ill bring it home to finish off work :)

clio 197
ah works for me now as im running my laptop along side it.

next step 30" cini screen. then finished on my apply affair

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Thought I'd post in here instead of creating a new thread.

I'm going to buy a Macbook Pro but need some help choosing the spec:

Screen: 15" or 17" (I'll upgrade to hi-res glosssy if 15")
Processor: 2.2ghz or 2.3ghz (is the difference noticable?)
Hard Drive: 750gb @ 5400rpm or 500gb @ 7200rpm
Software: iWork or MS Office

Monaro VXR
screen size depends how portable you want it. Up to you that bit. I personally would go 17" if it is going to be used at home only or very rarely carried about.

Processor 2.2 vs 2.3 is fairly pointless. Just stick with the 2.2

Hard drive 500gb unless you want to go for an SSD and optibay down the line. That way go 75gb then you can swap the 750gb to the opti bay and run the SSD as a main boot drive for better speed and more storage.

iWork vs Office 2011...Office basically wipes the floor with iWork in everything except presentations. Where keynote is better than powerpoint. Other than that office is the easy clear winner and if you are used to it on the PC platform is the obvious choice. Lot more functionality.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd need to go 17". Just like i'd need to go 27 for a desktop.