ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sort me a home cinema system!

MkV Golf R32
Hello, I am not very tech minded and have a budget of about £750-£800 to buy a nice TV and surround sound for the living room. I am not picky on the brand aslong as its good performer.

I am looking for something between 40" and 42" and no bigger, have afew mates with 50" Tvs and I dont like them :eek:.

It doesnt need freeview inbuilt as Sky will be getting connected once moved in.

In terms of surround sound, something will good sound quality and preferably with front floorstands.

I have done a search but TVs are always changing so if you guys can help me out that would be great. :D

Thank you CS

D.

MkV Golf R32
Ahhh ok, I was looking at £600 to £650 for a tv and £150 to £200 for the system. I should of put that in really.

S2 106 GTI
I just bought a Onkyo AV system for £500 and its the nuts! brilliant sound and hooked up to my PS3, TV, Wii, and Sky HD too it

DB.

BMW 440i
You can pick up nice Samsung 40" TV's for under £500, so would have the rest of your budget for the sound set up

MkV Golf R32
Ok cheers guys, I will have a look on avforums and there's a richersounds not too far away from me. So will take a look in there, are they cheaper than the general highstreet stores like currys etc?

Go Onkyo for an amp, and get some cheap speakers/sub for starters. Then at a later date upgrade your speakers.

Washington

ClioSport Club Member
My housemate got a 42" LG from RicherSounds for ~£400 last month; 1080p, the whole lot. Decent enough TV, much better with a HD source like the 360 or blu-ray than the SD Virgin boxes we have in the house but that's hardly surprising. It was a good buy imo.

I just got an lg plasma 42' for £369 from comet, i think thier all sold out now though as it was a limited deal, i think richer sounds do the same tv for a few £ less than £400