ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a home cinema amp...

ST1050, 320d
So with the ps4's arrival, I will need to upgrade my amp to something which has optical inputs (yes my amp is that old). Could you guys recommend me a decent amp I could pick up 2nd hand and will support 5.1 surround. Been looking at Denon, Onkyo etc on eBay. Budget no more than about £150 preferably.

Cheers

2014 Focus Titanium
You don't want to be using optical inputs with PS4, sound wants to be over HDMI for HD lossless audio. Just for reference.

SQ5
Why is this?

You could spend £150 then 6 weeks later your spending £100 for a service charge for it to be fixed. I'd save and get a Pioneer VSX-923 for about £350, or see if anywhere has stock of the old 922 as they were about £200-250

I bought my amp from avforums earlier in the year, its a Onkyo model with HDMI (and optical) inputs. It was £50 and has been fine.

Remote is a bit crap but can control some of the functions from the sky remote so not a huge problem.

2014 Focus Titanium
If it's been well looked after there's every chance it quite happily never go wrong. I sold my old one you to my mate a couple of years back and it was 3 years old, hasn't missed a beat.

Nothing wrong with second hand, especially off Av forums where those guys know how to look after stuff.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
Got some slightly damaged (casing) B&W 603 S3's for sale.
Cosmetically damaged at the bottom but this can't be seen when setup. Sound perfect.

Inbox me if interested.

Evil Giraffe can verify them for me.