ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Somethings just fallen off ... :/

I was driving on dual carridgeway and something that looked like a horseshoe flung out the back of the car, i dnt think it was something in the road i think it was attatched to the car.. Cudnt stop obviously.. Does this horseshoe like component ring any bells with any1???

It might have been a pony but i didnt see the rest of it.. I thought an exhaust clamp but it was about the size of my hand..

Well if its part of the suspension.. The car wud certainly drive um differently right? Which it isnt, it must hav been that pony i ges..

Kk well i had a luk under the back of the car but cudnt see nothing.. I hate not being mechanically minded :/

E46 M3
Almost certainly the end of a rear spring, get it to a garage if you can't tell if a spring is broken.

Mk5 golf gti
Almost certainly the end of a rear spring, get it to a garage if you can't tell if a spring is broken.

well no more likely a front spring, the top end of the rear spring is tiny

and if it was the centre of the rear, you would know about it

sounds like the top of a front coil spring to me

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
no need to take the wheels off, just jack it up and check the top and bottom of the springs front and rear to see if youre missing a bit of spring

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Same thing happened to me this morning. heard a clanging noise behind the car,, looked back and there was part of my coil spring on the road, looked like a horse shoe too.

Does anyone know where to get a new set from, want to replace both my fronts. Renault want £99 per coil which is a rip off.

dont want to lower it as i have a ktec crappy exhaust that is comically low as it is. (do not buy ktec exhausts unless you like scaping over speed humps.)

07 Campus Sport 1.2
Same thing happened to me this morning. heard a clanging noise behind the car,, looked back and there was part of my coil spring on the road, looked like a horse shoe too.

Does anyone know where to get a new set from, want to replace both my fronts. Renault want £99 per coil which is a rip off.

dont want to lower it as i have a ktec crappy exhaust that is comically low as it is. (do not buy ktec exhausts unless you like scaping over speed humps.)

if it was fitted properly you wouldnt scrape, new exhaust hangers will fix that

Listerine & Poledo
I was running around on a snapped front spring for, well, could have been ages.

First thign In knew was an MOT fail and a bill for a new spring