ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

snow crash updates

slightly morbid but today...

richandgem... leicester. front wheel into kerb in a LY R27

Endika... Essex. lampost at 20ish miles an hour, written off. LY R27

seems the 197s dont like the snow. all are ok tho

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Ive seen two motorbikes One abandoned on the road side and one in a ditch, and one merc snaking it up a rather easy road. Whats the Uk coming too...god forbid another inch

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Ive seen two motorbikes One abandoned on the road side and one in a ditch, and one merc snaking it up a rather easy road. Whats the Uk coming too...god forbid another inch

That's what she said... ;)

surprised no cups have reported in yet!

the south is a mess, not that bad up ere.

im beginning to actually not be that pi$$ed about mine been up the drive with a perspex window now!

ST
Hmm this is why mine is safely in the garage at home...even if i had to get pikey transport to work its worth it..

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Thats awful to hear. Glad all are ok and hopefully nobody is seriously injured or worse on the roads over the next few days. Take it easy out there folks. Cars can be repaired/replaced. Lives cant.

172 Cup
Didnt he have a Megane? So R26?

He sold the R27 to Endika and got the R26 a few days later.

Edit - I got that slightly wrong. He part ex'd the R27 for the R26 but helped Endika deal with the same salesman to get the R27.

Gutted to hear some people have bent cars.

Drove the Cup in this morning (complete with bodged Alt mount). No problems at all, fair bit of opposite on during the journey in but nothing major - mind you a lot less snow in Cambs then elsewhere!

Stay safe all!

Cheers
M

yeh i went out in the ignis to the trafford centre. skinny WRC tyres for the win

lots of people off and its mayhem in london

Focus ST
My cup was fine this morning, No skidding at all... the odd wheel spin but that's expected

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
slightly morbid but today...

richandgem... leicester. front wheel into kerb in a LY R27

Endika... Essex. lampost at 20ish miles an hour, written off. LY R27

seems the 197s dont like the snow. all are ok tho

182's as well, m8. Mine hasn't been too bad today in all fairness - but it was humiliated at its crapness with the snow before Christmas.

D.

Hit a kerb in mine this monring, all is fine apart from the alloy having scrapes on it, were already ruined anyway.

Then realised my tires were wearing on one side, something i can't be doing with right now :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
surprised no cups have reported in yet!

the south is a mess, not that bad up ere.

im beginning to actually not be that pi$$ed about mine been up the drive with a perspex window now!
ABS is a hindrance in the snow, the cups are probably loving it!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
20mph into something narrow but solid like a lamppost could cause quite a lot of damage.

172 cup
:eek: can't believe Endika has written his off :( at least he is ok though! :)

I just abandoned mine at work! Found alternative means to getting home!

LY V6 with Recaros
Oh no, Endikas written his car off! s**t :(

Seems to be a bit of a theme with LY R27s today!

Turbo LY R27
Oh no, Endikas written his car off! s**t :(

Seems to be a bit of a theme with LY R27s today!

I dont even know the bloke but from posts ive seen of his he loves it and only drives 5 miles a week to keep it mint! lol. Poor guy, thought i had bad luck coz twice at standstill, twice people have crashed up the back of my car!

Dont think ill be driving mine today then!:S

Golf R
R27 has to be worth £10k at least? Thats a lot of damage for a relatively slow crash :(

would probably say £12k... would be amazed if it's written off... but then my Trophy was written off for a similar speed crash... but that was mainly down to the dampers.

not good news to read, with the amount of detailing he used to do to keep in spotless (right down to covering the seat to protect the Recaros) i wouldnt have thought he'd have been out in it today!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Was there anyone from here out on the roads round about Epsom way last night?

I left Brighton at 9pm....didn't get back to Guildford until 3.30am!! Had to divert as i couldn't get off the M23 at the M25.....then sat on the M23 with no fuel.
Re-fueled and then had to fight my way to the A217. Learnt the art of pulling away in 2nd and 3rd gear.
Think my clutch is angry at me tho....

But.....the Cup lived to tell the tale!!!

Tangoed Works
its always the way... the minter you try to keep your car, the more something tends to happen. glad all involved are okay though

Better than yours. C*nt.
Audi was sideways coming down my road this morning, but fine the rest of the way! Quattro FTW!

A silver one
GF's brother hit another car then a lamp post in his Seat Leon earlier. Says it's a mess, but I've not seen it.

Exotica/MK1 Astra
I had great pleasure driving round everyone this morning! What you all need is some decent power and AWD ;op