ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

snow crash updates

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Driving this morning was a nightmare, I left the house at 7.40 to drop my girlfriend off in Bournemouth and then I came back to Poole for my work, I got to work at 10. That must have been a total of 10 miles. I skidded about 4 times, was lucky not to hit the kurb, on several occasions, almost lost it at 2 roundabouts doing about 4mph! Abs was a git and didn't help!

Trust me auto's and snow really don't mix!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
e-needpics.gif

With weather like this im staying indoors..
Clio's dont like this weather..
Crashed my 172 cup last year in the snow

Im not taking my baby out at all...

320d
Terrible out on the roads, I took it very very easy because i'm determined not to have a bump.

ABS is shite aswell, it kicks in too early and doesn't realy help in the snow.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
I'm sorry, but i cannot see how you could write off a 12k car at 20mph. Thats either an extremely unlucky, 1 in a million crash, or someone was doing a bit more than 20mph. Its easy to think you were going slower than you were when you have an accident.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I'm sorry, but i cannot see how you could write off a 12k car at 20mph. Thats either an extremely unlucky, 1 in a million crash, or someone was doing a bit more than 20mph. Its easy to think you were going slower than you were when you have an accident.

Beacuse if you are going 20 on ice you dont slow at all, you hit a lamp post of tree (something narrow and very tough) it goes through the front of the car, bends and brakes alot of mechanical bits, then air bags go off.

It is very easy to write a car of that doesnt look very badly damaged.

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Been out in the VX220 tonight, awesome fun. FOund a carpark, some serious doughnutting...in 2nd gear, part throttle and it just goes round and round!

Drifting too was mint. Decided to put the car away while in one piece though so tucked up on the drive now.

Some women in a new focus had gone into a kerb on my way home, and with the camber on the road couldn't get away from it. Well, not turning and giving it the beans in first anyway. Her daughter was trying to push it sideways! As she was blocking the road I decided to go give some driving advice..made her put it in 2nd and just use the torque of the engine at just above idle to pull away, plus I pushed the front right of the car down and she was fine then. Some people.

ITB BG 182
I know theres a r26 with deep red alloys wrote off as a bus hit it coming down a hill, well it side swiped it and pushed it in to and through a wall.

White APE
Didnt even dare take mine out on the roads today. Instead i walked 6 miles. Ended up popping to A&E this evening as i well and trully stacked it on the ice and have nakered my shoulder again. Least the car stayed out of harm.

koi

Audi S1
Why don't people clear the snow of their roof before setting off? Snowball fight on the motorway ftl!

tiTTy & SV650
RWD's can't do winter very well. Mercs and BM's abandoned all around my flat car park, I was wheel spinning the pug at 20mph in 4th and decided to drift round the car park twice for my own amusement. Lack of power steering abs traction control etc FTFW

Porsche Boxster987S
ive just had a head on with a wall:dapprove:

just kidding:quiet:;):rasp: shes all tucked up on the drive:cool:

PH2 172
i dont understand why people drive fast enough so that u have to use the brakes in this weather. obviously on clear roads its a given, but i mean in housing estates where there generally is lots of laid snow and ice about. this is where all the crashes seem to happen. im no racing driver but if u drive slow enough when theres lots of snow on the road just use the gears, engine brake and all should be well, and if u are using the brakes, feather them. if the abs is kicking in then i think you'd probabaly be hitting the brakes too hard. probabaly wrong but who cares!

MCS R56
It's been snowing?!

Feck all in Fife - you Englunders should be happy you have some winter.

Anyone else pi$$ed off with the news, reporting that it has actually been snowing in Britain? Wow, that is truly amazing!

R27, JCW GP, M4, M2

When the car is a LY R27 easily, everything on the car is expensive to the extreme to replace.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Still driving the VX in the snow? Very braveeeeeeee.
What part of the paintwork?

HELL YES, im not scared.. well i am but i need to get to work lol

tiny bit on the rear edge, there was a tiny bubble that with the freezing temps has cracked, its fine ill have it done through work but ill just toutch it up for now and have it done in spring, was the only bit that was effected too
:mad:

oh well ill sort it tonight

When the car is a LY R27 easily, everything on the car is expensive to the extreme to replace.

lol, not really. The exterior parts are the same as a normal 197. I doubt its being written off due to expensive stickers and the paint is a £1200 option at Renault. The bodyshop wont be paying that for a few tins of it!

Lupo GTI
HELL YES, im not scared.. well i am but i need to get to work lol

tiny bit on the rear edge, there was a tiny bubble that with the freezing temps has cracked, its fine ill have it done through work but ill just toutch it up for now and have it done in spring, was the only bit that was effected too
:mad:

oh well ill sort it tonight

At least its only a little mark and you haven't done any major damage in this weather.
I salute you for being so brave though! :)

Ph1 172
Went out the the ph1 last nite and ended up staying out for ages, wicked fun on the lightly snowny roads/car parks/A roads. But the route to work this morning (unsalted country roads) was horrible, 5mph on every corner zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Because the ABS wasnt braking at all I found that tapping the brake pedal in quick succession slows the car down alot faster, (doesnt really give the abs time to kick in). Interestingly applying the handbrake on and off in quick succession (AT SLOWER SPEEDS) slowed the car alot better than the ABS could as well.

EDIT: AND dam i'm gutted my MX5 is off the road :(

Tom

R27, JCW GP, M4, M2
lol, not really. The exterior parts are the same as a normal 197. I doubt its being written off due to expensive stickers and the paint is a £1200 option at Renault. The bodyshop wont be paying that for a few tins of it!

OOw i didn't realise that it was only cosmetic and not mechanical.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Im quite happy its pishing of rain here, although an empty Ikea car park with plenty of snow is good to hone the skills in the snow

Rusty Cup
My flatmate crashed his scooby, needs a new front bumper n wing n my mate crashed his Warrior doing donuts in the snow... gud fun tho :D

I had a few "moments" but didnt crash thank god