ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sir_Dave's Trophy. 1 x Miley Shed.

182 has now gone!
Re: Trophy #433

Its like a bus steering wheel lol, but i <3 my airbag ....

Retrim in leather would be lovely, but im not entirely sure which direction i'm taking it in at the moment, i keep getting sidetracked by german things.

I have my 182 steering wheel in the cupboard gathering dust, thumb grips intact!! Nice price.. ;)
Or I expect Ollie will push you towards an omp one!

Last edited:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

197 wheel would be decent. No smaller, but higher quality and dished so it's closer iirc. Get to keep your airbag and cruise buttons etc.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

I have my 182 steering wheel in the cupboard gathering dust, thumb grips intact!! Nice price.. ;)
Or I expect Ollie will push you towards an omp one!

Thumb grips are spotless.......just depends on whether you can put up with the rest of the wheel. Meltfail.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Looks quality this, any pics of you on Snett?

Oh yus :approve: Blooming brilliant day out btw, the Trophy is a very very good car straight out of the box, only problem was understeer on the tightest corners, but hey on normal (& melted PE2's) its not really surprising lol ...

1b.jpg

3b.jpg

2b.jpg

5b.jpg

4b.jpg

6b.jpg

Done 4k in the past month doing 'Ring - Furka - San Bernadino - Stelvio passes - Lake Garda - Bordeaux - Lands End as well & as per usual, its performed faultlessly!!

As such, with my 90 day commute as well, i've put about 11k on it since June, so its for sale, to buy something more suitable for 3k a month :dapprove:

Not all is lost though, roll on project 'FailTrophy' ...

Mini Cooper S

The trophy that has already been to infinity and beyond! Reckon you'll get the Trophy to 200k pretty easily!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

Dave is from now on known as Dave "TwoTrophies" Johns.....because one just doesn't cut it.

182 has now gone!

I cant keep up with you and your cars Dave... Your as bad as a women with handbags!!!!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

LOL at owing another - hero status reached :cool:

PS. I spy Turini's on track. I could swear that you bought a set of 15's purely for Snett, lol?

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

LOL at owing another - hero status reached :cool:

PS. I spy Turini's on track. I could swear that you bought a set of 15's purely for Snett, lol?

Why thank you lol :cool:

Re: the 15's, you're right i did buy some Pro Race 1.2's that i was supposed to use on track, but in the end i thought it would be a better idea to kill the front two PE2's on the Turini's as they were only on 2mm .... have some replacements on the way now, so any new owner will have very good PE2's all round ;)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Just found some more pics of both my rainy hour at the 'ring & the day at Snetterton :D

Bit wet :eek:
IMG_7752_J.jpg

IMG_7753_J.jpg

IMG_5134_d.jpg

R26 thing, nice handling, but they all sounded like dervs. Do not want.
DSC_1607.jpg

An Integra (on R888's), about to be overtaken ;)
DSC_0003-1.jpg

Having just gone flying past a GTR (probably):
DSC_1612.jpg

330i. E30 Touring.

PMSL at Sarah looking at the camera.

Also, driver with a helmet, passenger without? Tut tut.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

I was always hugely impressed by the Trophy in the wet.

I'm just hugely impressed with it generally tbh, fantastic car straight out the box!! Just needs a little more stiffness at the rear on track, so that you can bring the back end into play a little more .... hence the need for adjustable Koni's on the next one.

PMSL at Sarah looking at the camera.

Also, driver with a helmet, passenger without? Tut tut.

Ha ha, she will actually hate me putting that picture up, 2 seconds previously she had uttered 'oh look, theres a cameraman over there' ... neither of us had helmets on though, i just have big hair :dapprove:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

And then there was two ;)

DSC03613.jpg
DSC03615.jpg

DSC03637.jpg

DSC03632.jpg

DSC03640.jpg

DSC03639.jpg

First impressions are very good, & it drives pretty much exactly the same as the other one. Couple of minor issues, ie some of the dash lights are broken (inc. the dimmer), the wing mirrors vibrate like mad & it stinks of cigarette smoke, but hey, not bad for the money :D

Plans are to sell the original Trophy - as i was worried about putting millions of miles in it - then either use the 'new' one for everything, or maybe buy a derv for day to day ...

Either way, i bought these on a complete whim last week in preparation, & oh my god they are just made of s3x/WIN/epicness!! Well, actually its handmade carbon fibre, covered with alcantara & leather, but hey, WIN is close enough :approve: 5.1kg each ...

DSC03646.jpg
DSC03649.jpg
DSC03651.jpg

They're Cobra Technology Evolutions btw, complete with Aluminium side mounts.

Hope you like :star:

Trophy #240/R33 GTST

Love it dave! Neighbours commented on having 2 yet? Which exhaust is on the new one as well looks different.
Seats look awsome as well :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Love it dave! Neighbours commented on having 2 yet? Which exhaust is on the new one as well looks different.
Seats look awsome as well :)

Cheers! Nah, neighbours havent moaned yet (give it time though lol), although my work colleagues asked me why i hadnt picked up my new car - didnt even notice the difference. Mind you, you'd need hawkeyes to notice the different wheels/lack of splitter, unless you're a clio geek of course ;)

Nice mate. New one looks like it's got a BTB on it from that pic.

Oh yus, its got a BTB :approve: Looks fantastic, but is rather a lot noisier than the Ktec Ultra on the other one... sounds awesome when thrashing, but a bit droney on the motorway :(

Golf GTD Mk7

Cheers! Nah, neighbours havent moaned yet (give it time though lol), although my work colleagues asked me why i hadnt picked up my new car - didnt even notice the difference. Mind you, you'd need hawkeyes to notice the different wheels/lack of splitter, unless you're a clio geek of course ;)

Oh yus, its got a BTB :approve: Looks fantastic, but is rather a lot noisier than the Ktec Ultra on the other one... sounds awesome when thrashing, but a bit droney on the motorway :(

Yeah they are loud. They quieten down when you get to around 4000 rpm just for reference. Sound awersome from outside though. You got it decatted?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon

Those seats are utter p**n.

When do we get to start removing/refitting stuff??

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Those seats are utter p**n.

When do we get to start removing/refitting stuff??

Soon, my young(ish), padawan, soon ...

Look smart mate, how much they set you back?

Cheers James! Any ideas if i can mount the side mounts to a standard clio subframe in any way, so that i can retain some adjustability, & height - im a dwarf remember & dont like to sit on the floor like you lot lol.

The seats are £1300 each new. Now I didnt pay that, but they were expensive enough for Sarah to be fairly unimpressed, especially when im supposed to be saving for a house, etc :slap:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

I'm just hugely impressed with it generally tbh, fantastic car straight out the box!! Just needs a little more stiffness at the rear on track, so that you can bring the back end into play a little more .... hence the need for adjustable Koni's on the next one.
Have you not tried the whiteline ARB yet?