ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sir_Dave's Trophy. 1 x Miley Shed.

120d M Sport
I must say you were quite kind when it came to telling the story of last Friday night.
I've never been so annoyed with myself!
Bloody car. I love it and hated in equal measure that night.....oh and then a bit more Monday night with all that c**king about with the rear suspension.

Combined with Nicks 182 earlier in the week and mine spitting it dummy out today (I broke an injector changing the oil filter.....I swear I'm cursed with these cars at the moment) it was a rather trying week!

Ive had a run like this recently, breaking screws, threading stuff rounding nuts off etc lol!! But how exactly did you break an injector changing the oil filter lol?? Did the fuel rail gaurd get stuck or something?

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
No the rail guard was off so i could get my oil filter grippers down there, like i've done like eleventy hundred times. Only this time I pushed against a seemingly very brittle injector plug.
Lucky I had a spare rail lying around....

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
So after the recent trackday i thought i had better do a brief write up on the H&R coilovers:

With the front camber set to -2 degrees negative, handling is nigh on exactly the same as the Sachs/Sportline combo that i had previously, with an improved ride quality for day to day use. Obviously i have a Whiteline rear ARB that helps stiffen the rear end up a bit - the rear dampers are quite soft when compared to the front (as per the standard kit), but overall it gives nigh on the same handling properties as previously, ie decent front end grip, with a delightful adjustability on the throttle.

Trail brake into corner, turn in, slight lift, rear ends comes into play, lessen steering, accelerate. Wonderful.

So yeah, if your Sachs are knackered, & you want a worthy replacement (albeit for roughly the same money as a front refurb), that drives the same as standard, the choice is most definately H&R.

And onto some pics from Llandow:

DSC7870.jpg

DSC7881.jpg

DSC7913.jpg

DSC7921.jpg

DSC7933.jpg

DSC8203.jpg

DSC8234.jpg

DSC8292.jpg

DSC8581.jpg

DSC8812.jpg

Also fitted a few alcantara interior parts over the weekend, hanbrake gaitor, dash strips, a pillar trims & also have a gearstick gator that needs to go on at some point. Nice improvement to the interior i feel, although i do feel that all this tinkering is simply delaying the inevitible, every time i drive it (which isnt very often any more), im thinking of other cars :dapprove:

IMG_1812.gif

IMG_2022.gif

IMG_1813.gif

IMG_1814.gif

IMG_2021.gif

Last edited:

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
every time i drive it (which isnt very often any more), im thinking of other cars :dapprove:

Nonononononono! :nono:

Also..

stop poncing about with this and do the Le Mans write up you fag. oh btw, nice car x

What he said!

I might add, I apologise for missing you FailSport lot in Le-Mans :dapprove:

Although I did see the back of Mikes head during the pit walk on the Friday, which meant I probably saw most of you :rasp:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's still so awesome!

I think you'll sell it eventually then miss it. As usual. ;)

Titanium 182
Dave my little special friend!

Nice touch with alcantara pal! I do have some of it to – From Austin is it?

Perverted question – But what does one look like? I talk to you once every few weeks on here and I have no idea what you look like!

Yes I am a porrrvort!

is1

Integra Type R DC2
Dave my little special friend!

Nice touch with alcantara pal! I do have some of it to – From Austin is it?

Perverted question – But what does one look like? I talk to you once every few weeks on here and I have no idea what you look like!

Yes I am a porrrvort!

Pics of Dave?

330i. E30 Touring.
There's a pic of him on the shitter floating about somewhere on the forum.

No fun intended.

Basically, imagine Will from the Inbetweeners, but older. x

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You would be mental to sell it, fun per £ matey!

Thats the thing, its not some cheapo 2 grand shed anymore lol. Its got quite a lot of £££'s tied up in it these days to be honest ...

I only ever fit the best bits to it, & thats kinda mounted up a wee bit :clown:

Whats the mileage now?

Just clocked over 185k, plenty of life left in it yet!!

Pics of Dave?

Next to the old shed. Now Cup_Phil's 'understeer' bus.

DSCF0617.jpg

Last edited:
  53 Clio's & counting
Then stop spending out so much on it ;) lol

It's pretty up together isn't it? maybe just enjoy it for a bit now? Or does it need somr more work dude?

I know, RS2 it! oh wait....

Fiesta ST-3
What are the other cars you think of when you're driving it?

I can't see you ever getting enough money to warrant selling it due to the mileage. I think you should keep it forever :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
keep it and run the thing until it gives up, on its own accord ( well keep it on the road , museum peice eventually.... ) concore the world this trophy will have! :clap:

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Then stop spending out so much on it ;) lol

It's pretty up together isn't it? maybe just enjoy it for a bit now? Or does it need somr more work dude?

I know, RS2 it! oh wait....

I cant help it lol, if something breaks, i always replace with the best stuff available!! No point doing things by halves ;)

RS2 Extra is going on Nick & Ollie's racecar now (they collected it last night in fact), i simply couldnt be bothered to fit it. At the end of the day, even with 190 odd bhp it still wouldnt feel particularly fast, or offer any more of a challenge to me from a driving perspective.

What are the other cars you think of when you're driving it?

A variety of things really, ranging from 'toys' such as an Elise or VX220, to selling both this & the BM and buying an S2000/R32/S3/another M3/Golf Ed30, or perhaps even a Z4M or Boxster-S. Essentially, im using the car less and less these days, so im contemplating either something really impractical to replace just the clio, or something newer/quicker/better built to replace both the cars.

Its more than likely that i'd just keep the clio as a rolling chassis/engine/box though, & stick it in the barn for future use. The money is in the bolt-on bits, not the actual shell & running gear.

Fiesta ST-3
A variety of things really, ranging from 'toys' such as an Elise or VX220, to selling both this & the BM and buying an S2000/R32/S3/another M3/Golf Ed30, or perhaps even a Z4M or Boxster-S. Essentially, im using the car less and less these days, so im contemplating either something really impractical to replace just the clio, or something newer/quicker/better built to replace both the cars.

Its more than likely that i'd just keep the clio as a rolling chassis/engine/box though, & stick it in the barn for future use. The money is in the bolt-on bits, not the actual shell & running gear.

Sounds like an awesome situation to be in mate. Good luck with whichever you choose to do!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If you do stick it in the barn, I bet it's out and on the road again in under 6 months.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
That looks great Dave. I love the whole car and the story it has, dont ever sell it!

Sometimes even the best things come to an end: http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...w-Ownership)&p=9019496&viewfull=1#post9019496

Fingers crossed Nick will get bored on it in 6 months and i can have it back, but until then, i'd just like to thank the little shed for being such a big part of my life over the past 2 years. As such, some of my favourite pictures are below :eek:

DSC03637.jpg

DSC03868.jpg

DSC03836.jpg

ALX_7671.jpg

ALX_7751.jpg

ALX_7527.jpg

8K9U2079.jpg

8K9U2279.jpg

IMG_0376.png

8K9U2680.jpg

IMG_0375.png

DSC04110.jpg

7.jpg

DSC8292.jpg

DSC7881.jpg

DSC7913.jpg

DSC7921.jpg

DSC8812.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

IMG_2199.jpg

ShedTrophy. Gone but never forgotten :race:

DSC06779.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Flol! Hmmmm it's not the high miler it's just a cat C!