ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should I buy a 197?

260% JCW
Fail TBH. Just some of the Evo'S 197 quotes:

Brilliantly accomplished hot-hatch hero.
Point-to-point it’d take a very talented driver in a 182 to stick to the 197’s rear diffuser .
The driving position is massively improved.
Once you’re in the groove, the 197 is an awesome proposition. If Porsche ever did a hot hatch, it would feel like this.
It moves the game on from the 182 in virtually every respect. .

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/200372/renaultsport_clio.html

Sounds OK to me. And having owned both, i can say it is... BETTER!

Massive bite TBF.......

260% JCW
No need to turn anything around, It's too easy on here........... say one thing against the grain and every numpty jumps on.

As if the obvious needs pointing out lol.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
No need to turn anything around, It's too easy on here........... say one thing against the grain and every numpty jumps on.

As if the obvious needs pointing out lol.

nah, unless its your '250 Clio slayer', its w**k iirc?

Most days you're w**king yourself into a coma over how quick your (mrs) Mini is. A 2k scoob can be made quicker still, doesn't make you a hero ;)

260% JCW
nah, unless its your '250 Clio slayer', its w**k iirc?

Most days you're w**king yourself into a coma over how quick your (mrs) Mini is. A 2k scoob can be made quicker still, doesn't make you a hero ;)

Wondered how long it would take for the internet warriors to come out....... i take it your upset because someone has slated your beloved 197. Chin up son :cry:

Nice post count by the way. Very impressive, do you get out much? With 14k+ posts I'm guessing if you do get out your the sad type of idiot who updates his FB status every 5 seconds, whilst sitting in laybys updating the Spotted section of CS with your binoculars and box of tissues.

LOL

White clique
Wondered how long it would take for the internet warriors to come out....... i take it your upset because someone has slated your beloved 197. Chin up son :cry:

Nice post count by the way. Very impressive, do you get out much? With 14k+ posts I'm guessing if you do get out your the sad type of idiot who updates his FB status every 5 seconds, whilst sitting in laybys updating the Spotted section of CS with your binoculars and box of tissues.

LOL

Just give up. Just because you were proven wrong, you dont need throw your tampon around, you are making yourself look a like a complete chud nugget.

260% JCW
Just give up. Just because you were proven wrong, you dont need throw your tampon around, you are making yourself look a like a complete chud nugget.

Hardly...... i made a valid point and comment as i pay to do so. To which some people jumped on their high horses as it was something negative about the Holy grail.

Any chud nugget can pick up a copy of Evo and quote comments. Check out Evo no 146, 20th birthday of the Clio.

As Evo put it, The get together of the "finest, feistiest Clios to ever **** a wheel" in the line up, Williams, 172, 182 Trophy, V6 and the 200..................No 197 though? Wonder why.

I'm guessing you'll know why though.....you've owned one.

Good night x

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Hardly...... i made a valid point and comment as i pay to do so. To which some people jumped on their high horses as it was something negative about the Holy grail.

Any chud nugget can pick up a copy of Evo and quote comments. Check out Evo no 146, 20th birthday of the Clio.

As Evo put it, The get together of the "finest, feistiest Clios to ever **** a wheel" in the line up, Williams, 172, 182 Trophy, V6 and the 200..................No 197 though? Wonder why.

I'm guessing you'll know why though.....you've owned one.

Good night x

i see

260% JCW
Fail TBH. Just some of the Evo'S 197 quotes:

Brilliantly accomplished hot-hatch hero.
Point-to-point it’d take a very talented driver in a 182 to stick to the 197’s rear diffuser .
The driving position is massively improved.
Once you’re in the groove, the 197 is an awesome proposition. If Porsche ever did a hot hatch, it would feel like this.
It moves the game on from the 182 in virtually every respect. .

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/200372/renaultsport_clio.html

Sounds OK to me. And having owned both, i can say it is... BETTER!

LOL

Last edited:

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
is this guy for real?

SharkFishing.jpg

LY 200
It makes me sick to think renault offered me 7.5k for my late 58 plate with a better spec and 16k on the clock! lol

That's either over priced or there is nothing between 197's as far as price gos.

LY R27, Fiesta ZS TD
I paid £8750 for this old piece of s**t (jokes!) back in august, and pay £1250 a year on insurance at 21. 31,000 miles... best thing is from next month I won't have to drive to my new job, and i'll get paid more so this can be my weekend toy rather than a daily :)

came up from a 1.6 fiesta ZS tdci which is around the same HP and class as the OP's corsa and I can't even begin to describe the difference!

to those who are concerned about MPG maybe you have the wrong cars! lol

9g2JM.jpg

rFSk5.jpg

MCS R56
I paid £8750 for this old piece of s**t (jokes!) back in august, and pay £1250 a year on insurance at 21. 31,000 miles... best thing is from next month I won't have to drive to my new job, and i'll get paid more so this can be my weekend toy rather than a daily :)

came up from a 1.6 fiesta ZS tdci which is around the same HP and class as the OP's corsa and I can't even begin to describe the difference!

to those who are concerned about MPG maybe you have the wrong cars! lol

True but the point is it is a lot worse than the 172/182's on fuel - some people may not know this. I wouldn't buy that car for the mpg.

White clique
True but the point is it is a lot worse than the 172/182's on fuel - some people may not know this. I wouldn't buy that car for the mpg.

The real cost was about £4 more per week in fuel for me when running at an average of 28mpg, oh and the insurance is cheaper on the 197 so actually i'd argue it was about the same cost to run.

MCS R56
The real cost was about £4 more per week in fuel for me when running at an average of 28mpg, oh and the insurance is cheaper on the 197 so actually i'd argue it was about the same cost to run.

Interesting. 28 is still pretty poor imo. (You may have gathered that I hate spending money on fuel)