ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ShedTrophy is actually ... immaculate Trophy. Mega Clean. 56k go home.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Sometimes you have to move on, & it was for this reason alone that i decided to clean it this weekend.

Method for the geeks: Pressure wash, AG shampoo & wash mit, bucket with grit guards, followed by half a bottle of of Iron-X. I havent clayed, polished or machine polished it yet, which imho proves that my 'use dirt to provide protection' method works. The paint is actually pretty good once cleaned up!! I then hoovered the interior, for the first time in 2 years ...

So yeah, i took 120+ pictures, here are a few of them.

DSC06747.jpg

DSC06703.jpg

DSC06704.jpg

DSC06706.jpg

DSC06707.jpg

DSC06717.jpg

DSC06718.jpg

DSC06726.jpg

DSC06727.jpg

DSC06733.jpg

DSC06740.jpg

DSC06744.jpg

DSC06749.jpg

DSC06752.jpg

DSC06754.jpg

DSC06758.jpg

DSC06779.jpg

DSC06783.jpg

DSC06785.jpg

DSC06788.jpg

DSC06790.jpg

DSC06791.jpg

DSC06792.jpg

DSC06798.jpg

DSC06763.jpg

DSC06769.jpg

DSC06765.jpg

DSC06805.jpg

DSC06807.jpg

I now sit at my desk looking at the Golf, & thinking how much i like it ... but slowly realising how much this little red sh1tbox means to me :dapprove:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Green seats are green.

As much as you tell me you will, you'll never sell this. Especially when it looks that good!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Actually shocked that it almost looks like a proper Trophy lol. You need to keep it. You know you will regret getting rid.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Oh.. it is very very nice.

It needs the real seats back though, green ones make me unhappy. Especially now it's clean.

Are you really going to try and sell?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You need to keep it and be the first (and only??) Trophy owner to hit 200,000 miles.

A little bit of history for everyone to remember you by because otherwise you'll just fade away because you are quite dull....

RX7 FD
Dave Dave Dave........you know you don't want to sell it. It barely owes you anything each year ;).

Does look good, green seats make me chuckle. If you do sell.....any mods to sell? hahaha

Plus I recognise that industrial estate!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
You need to keep it and be the first (and only??) Trophy owner to hit 200,000 miles.

There is that i suppose, doesnt look too bad for nearly 187k does it ;)

But yes, i do now regret selling the original seats, they did however pay for 3 track days though, which at the time, was considerably more important!! Now, well yes, the seats do let the rest of the interior down somewhat ... especially with the lovely 'Arran' steering wheel and 'alcantara' dash strips/handbrake cover/a-pillars (i also have a gearstick gator to go on as well at some point) that match in so well with the normal 182 doorcards & rear seats.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Buy Lukes recaro's out of your old trophy?

Need to get back to you regarding suspension but I'm still waiting nearly 4 weeks now for the spax to get sorted :s

Evo 5 RS
Not bad at all for the mileage, exceptional even! Keep it to 200,000 and then dyno it. Has to be done surely? What you make of those tyres Dave? I'm not so keen on them in the dry tbh. By no means awful just people seem to rave about them

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Not bad at all for the mileage, exceptional even! Keep it to 200,000 and then dyno it. Has to be done surely? What you make of those tyres Dave? I'm not so keen on them in the dry tbh. By no means awful just people seem to rave about them

It could be, although the rate im using it at the moment, 200k might take a while lol ... did do 175bhp at 176k though iirc.

Tyres wise, i really like them, i honestly think they very much are comparable with PE2's/ContiSports but at a much lower price. Might just be the way the car is setup, but i certainly dont have any concerns with understeer, more liftoff oversteer, but thats my own fault :eek:

Evo 5 RS
It could be, although the rate im using it at the moment, 200k might take a while lol ... did do 175bhp at 176k though iirc.

Tyres wise, i really like them, i honestly think they very much are comparable with PE2's/ContiSports but at a much lower price. Might just be the way the car is setup, but i certainly dont have any concerns with understeer, more liftoff oversteer, but thats my own fault :eek:

They're not bad as I say, maybe I was expecting a wee bit too much. That and I think I need Nick's gearbox lol.

It's pink.
Seats ruin it.
It's worth about 4p and knowing how much you like cars that won't depreciate means you should just keep it.
Not enough pictures.

I literally did the same thing this weekend - spent 10+ hours cleaning the Cup and then sat drinking a coffee looking at it and realised just how much I love it.
It's suprisingly clean for a track car

Titanium 182
Have you been taken by Aliens?

Nooooooooooo way the rear "Sir Dave" would have a clean car!

Does look sweet buddy.