ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Seriously how hard can it be fitting a cup spoiler?!

Suzuki SV650
Spent the best part of 30 minutes trying to get it to align right, but its sitting ever so slightly up in the middle, and a touch to high on the drivers side, when I open and close the boot the back of the damn thing catches on the roof of my car, ever so slightly!

Taped the washer jet pipe down and also the plug for the brakelight, into the little recesses. I'm gonna just f**king leave it for now.

I would make a Renault Technician look gifted.

172cup
i am a complete 'tard with things like that... i am meant to ruin everything i touch.

Done well matey. I wouldn't even have tried lol

Suzuki SV650
My normal 172 spoiler does go on easy, but this mofo, jeez..

I also ruin everything I touch, especially when it comes to cosmetic things, but after reading that everyone else has done it, I thought, whats the worse that could happen?

Mk4 .:R32
mine was the same mate, I got bored of taking it off and trying to realign it etc. still sits a couple of mm high on the drivers side!

Suzuki SV650
Thanks a bunch Elliot! Did you tape any of the pipes down or anything? I got it plumbed and plugged in straight away but the b*****d thing just won't sit down!

Will have another go at it tomorrow morn and if I can't fit it then f00k it back to france.

I swear they make these Renaults out of slightly different parts each and every time, its pot luck whether you get a good one or not.

benji I don't know what the mark 2 rsi spoiler is like but the full fat 172/182 spoiler is different from the 172 cup/cupp'd 182 one.

RS 172
Mine went on pretty easy. Bit of a fiddle to get the washer and light cables down properly but once in it sat alright.

Doesnt fit totally flush, but I dont think I've seen one that does :D.

Clio 200 FF
what about using some stickoflex or tigerseal to bond it down?

apply the seal and before it sets put something heavy on top to push the spoiler down flush :)

Suzuki SV650
Ok, just been out to have another go at fitting this damn thing properly.

It still doesn't sit right, few mm high to the centre/drivers side, whenever I open or close the boot, it rubs on the roof, which is not good because its eventually going to scrape off the paint obv.

Have tried taping down the brake light cable & washer jet hose, that didn't work, and I've also just now unplugged the brake light and removed the washer jet hose, so that there should not be *any* kind of obstruction underneath the spoiler, so it *should* sit flush... But it still rubs! Ever so slightly, with or without it screwed in.

Finally, if anyone can remember, if you have the boot open, with the spoiler on (and loose), standing at the rear of the car, the bottom of the cup spoiler has a bit of a 'lip; is this supposed to wrap around the top of the boot? It looks like its supposed to do this but it just won't. This may explain why the spoiler is rubbing on the roof as it obviously won't sit down or far back enough.

Fed up! Does anyone want to buy a cup spoiler!?

M2 Competition
Even on factory cups they dont all sit straight.

I think stevie wondwer was working on the jig at renault.

Will go out and see what mines like in a bit and update, lol

Ultra 197 ex 172 Cup
mine don't clip on properly either, i just broke that clippy lip bit off in a couple of places and it fitted a bit better

Exige S1 + Honda S1
I fitted one to my ph1 (totally different shape bumper) in about 30 mins, just a bit of careful chopping and job done.

Suzuki SV650
mine don't clip on properly either, i just broke that clippy lip bit off in a couple of places and it fitted a bit better

Lol! Bit extreme!? There are two small lips at the side and a big one in the middle, might have to have a go at the small ones if I'm to have any joy.

This Stevie Wonder chap has a lot to answer for.