ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a cup spoiler to a ph1, not a 5 min job!

Evo
Now i've fitted a cup spoiler to a ph2 non sport before and it was a piece of piss, 6 bolts out and swap over.

Tried the same job on the ph1 172 today. Plugs were the same which is a bonus over my last time and the washer pipe was even long enough. However, im not sure if the ph1 bootlid is different but for the life of me I could not get the brakelight and washer pipe to fit under the new spoiler. I tried every position, taped them where I could see the most space and there was just no room for them! The original boot lip that came off was hallow inside!

In the end I've had to cut the fat original plug off and crimp the wires with some slim connectors, although this merely limited the damage. Now the O/S end has a good 3pm gap between, isnt flush with roof and I scratched my freshly painted spoiler trying to do this cunting job on my own.

These things have to be expected with bodywork especially on French crap and I don't mind a battle, but when you go in your lunch break thinking it's a '5 minute job' it ends up getting very frustrating!

So rant over, anyone know how I can get this poxy spoiler to sit flush?

What you ranting at exactly? Annoyed with yourself for an item that's not meant to fit, not fitting? LOL

Ill be putting on on our ph1 soon so it's good to know it'll be abit of a bugger to do!

Liquid Yellow 1.5DCi
I found that on my ph2 there wasn't room for the wiring and washer pipe, so I belt sanded a nice channel in the underside of the spoiler for it all to tuck away. Now fits like a glove.

Evo
I found that on my ph2 there wasn't room for the wiring and washer pipe, so I belt sanded a nice channel in the underside of the spoiler for it all to tuck away. Now fits like a glove.

Lmao this is a good solution I may try it. First I'm going to remove the washer pipe as I never use it, before getting the power tools out!

My rant is at the CS mass convincing me its a 5 min job ( ignoring my previous experience haha ).

Just took our spoiler off the ph1 and attempted to test fit the cup spoiler but the connectors seem different. Is this the norm as I'm guessing i'll have to source a new connector to plug in, no biggy just thought it was plug n play...

2bh in my experience these spoilers are a massive mixed bag, ive sprayed alot of them, and there are tons of minor differences depending on production time and manufacturer, some fit good others dont, the renault quality control is utterly crap even more so now they dont make the cars anymore.

Yeah took me ages to get one on my 182, as said variables in production mean its not so straight forward. Naith Mine was the same, I got a the correct connector from scrap yard from a laguna II, cut old one off the car wired it up so it was 'plug and play'