ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

cup spoiler fitting problem

BMW 330cd
Ok so i got a cup spoiler a few weeks ago thinking shouldn't be hard to fit! But i find myself struggling to fit the b*****d thing! First problem i cant get the spoiler level/flush with the roof? im thinking this maybe to do with the third brake light plug? Secondly a gap. A gap between the spoiler and the edge of the roof. Its either too close to the roof edge so the boot wont open or if i pull it towards me away from the roof edge there is a massive gap that i can get my middle finger down.

Anyone had these problems and if so got any tips or just any general tips anyway? :D

Washer jet pipe and wiring definitely out of the way? try it without the light / washer jet in and the wire and water tube pushed into the boot holes, at least if it fits like this you'll know its only the wiring etc getting in the road. Sometimes they can be a right bugger to fit, are the red locating plugs still stuck in the bottom of it? these help to line it up.

**Be careful removing the light, they are brittle as hell, use a wide paint scraper to lever it out, thats what we do, works a treat.

BMW 330cd
Washer jet pipe and wiring definitely out of the way? try it without the light / washer jet in and the wire and water tube pushed into the boot holes, at least if it fits like this you'll know its only the wiring etc getting in the road. Sometimes they can be a right bugger to fit, are the red locating plugs still stuck in the bottom of it? these help to line it up.

**Be careful removing the light, they are brittle as hell, use a wide paint scraper to lever it out, thats what we do, works a treat.
OK cheers for that mate i will give it another go now. I'm going to try stick the plug into place on the boot lid to stop it moving and getting in the way.