ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scorpion back box bodge

Hey guys, basically I need to replace my back box as it's rotted. I'm not getting a standard choc box, and I got a scorpion back box with the car, but it was cut to fit. God know why but it obviously didn't make sense to just replace box for box to the previous owner. It was cut before the elbow, am I right in thinking the only way to fit is to cut the elbow off the standard box and sleeve it/ slide over and clamp?

I don't really want to bodge anything but if it's going to be done properly and save me a few hundred quid then I can't see why not.

clio 172
Prob don't want to hear it but it's not worth the hassle of bodging a backbox the set up for how these exhausts fit isn't brilliant, Go to a tyre/exhaust centre and get a cheap after market one put on, Prob about £65 and save for a stainless catback. I Actually have the scorp cat back on my clio and you can pick them up for like £280 now..