ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Russ's 20th RS and 5th Exclusive

53 Clio's & counting
Bought this off a mate for very little, has 71k, and is standard bar the 182 alloys. Number 126 iirc

No idea how long i'll have it lol, but plan is get some standard alloys on, and get it as mint as possible.

The bad points are a dent in the drivers door, and it hasn't been cleaned in about 100 years. Oh and needs a dog bone mount.

Good points are in drives mint, in in really good condition inside and out and has THE best gearbox I have felt in a Clio.

Been running it to work and back for a bit, and really enjoying being back in a Ph1 :)

Here are some crappy pics, better clean ones coming in due course

20131013_155156_zpsb4f5c21b.jpg

20131015_180240_zpsc211b542.jpg

20131024_075519_zpsfda971a3.jpg

20131024_075531_zpse21b0916.jpg

20131015_180303_zpsa5bb8a7c.jpg

20131015_180250_zpsf8c202b7.jpg

53 Clio's & counting
Love that! Bar the wheels, mind :eek:

Safe to assume you've had the most Clio RS' out of everyone on here then?!?

Wheels got to go, really do not suit Ph1's mate! i'm just not cool enough to get away with willy wheels ;) x

Looking out for some standard Exclusive ones :)

Um, not sure, I would imagine Colshe and Steve have had more, through their businesses, not sure about personal cars lol

You just can't stop yourself! Lol

You know mw mate lol :D

53 Clio's & counting
Lol - 20th RS! Hero. :)

:D

*no comment* ;)

Enjoy it whilst you have it, Russ. :D

You forgot to text me back ;) x

This! Lol

Looks good Russ, let me know when you want rid as I've always wanted an exclusive. And I know you won't have this long! ;)

Nick

lol will do dude, it is strangly nice to be back in a standard one, drives lovely, is quiet and quick!

Lovely job, especially saving one and sourcing original wheels.

Yup, though I do miss my Exclusive track car.....

I really like these congrats on your 20th

lol cheers dude

Best gearbox ever AND needs a dogbone!!? That'll be "toight as a toiger" with that done :)

Enjoy Russ.

Yeah there is too much slack in the dogbone, but even so the box shifts lovely and easy with no crunching in any gear at any revs :)

53 Clio's & counting
I know, I know... got there in the end! I fell asleep. Old age y'see. :clown:

LOL!

FFS Russ!!

You know me mate :eek:

Congrats mate, you really are a legend. Shame you got rid of all those spare parts.

Cheers dude, need to dig out the back of the garage and find what I have left :-/

I'll send you my power flexed one if you want it mate?

Yes please mate! Oh and text me back lol x

You have issues.

I give it 6weeks max, enjoy!

Yeah probably about that mate lol, oh looks like i'm buying a silver 172 cup tomorrow - WTF is wrong with me :S

53 Clio's & counting
Not much to update, been using it for work this week and totting up what needs doing:

Service - it's coming up on 72,000 and the plugs REALLY need doing - it's getting the usual low rev misfire that usually happens on the F4R when plugs get old.

Get the dent out the door

Still looking for a set of Exclusive alloys - wanting rid of the 182 wheels asap

PROPER clean - the thing is filthy inside and out

Wheel alignment

refresh the headlight lenses

That's about it for now, need to get some good tyres when I get the exclusive alloys, then a decent set of front pads and give the brakes a good clean up