ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reversing lights not working

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Any idea on how to fix them, they used to work but recently they have both stopped.

Reverse sensor switch in the side of the gearbox next to the passenger side drive shaft its green and costs about £30ish

Drain the box job to change

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Reverse sensor switch in the side of the gearbox next to the passenger side drive shaft its green and costs about £30ish

Drain the box job to change

Well i need a new driveshaft so i should probably do it all in one go then if it is the switch of course.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
You don't have to drop the box oil just to change the sensor... You just need fast hands and you'll lose about 50ml of box oil. If you jack it up enough on the passenger side you won't lose any.

Health and safety notice: Do not attempt this work shortly after driving the car for hours. Gearbox oil gets very hot and will make you use naughty words if it touches your skin so allow it to cool.

Mick

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
You don't have to drop the box oil just to change the sensor... You just need fast hands and you'll lose about 50ml of box oil. If you jack it up enough on the passenger side you won't lose any.

Health and safety notice: Do not attempt this work shortly after driving the car for hours. Gearbox oil gets very hot and will make you use naughty words if it touches your skin so allow it to cool.

Mick

+1... I did mine under the car a few weeks back early in the morning when we had a frost & the oil was nice & thick. ;)

Jacked the N/s up, slid under the car on some cardboard - span the old sensor out, stuck my finger over the hole and span the new one in.

Sbridgey - if you have a new n/s driveshaft to go in then I would wait til then, access would be MUCH easier... had my driveshaft out last week to sort out the infamous JB3 diff circlip curse.

DSC06290.jpg

Sensor just to the left of the driveshaft hole, white/black striped lead. :)