ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault = Utterly Useless

Megane 230 R26
I've been waiting for a seat runner and fuel vapour cannister on warranty since 28th April. No parts have shown up at the dealership, and I've chased it with Renault Customer Services this morning again...

Spoke to a lady with an NI accent who said "Just to reassure you, we are aware that there are parts on order Mr. Hollis, we have that on our system..."

Why would this in any way reassure me?! I asked her this question and she seemed confused, so I said "Well presumably it doesn't take 5 months to build a Renault from scratch... so when it's taken them that long to not produce two replacement parts, perhaps you can understand why I'm slightly bemused?"

She's calling the dealership to get the details and calling me back... but this doesn't really fill me with hope because that's what the last person was doing, and the person before that, and so on...

Does anybody know the secret to getting Renault to actually do something? Or should I just go down the standard route of sending a s***ty letter and threatening them? :dapprove:

In the mean time I have a door which rattles like crazy because when they changed the check strap under warranty they failed to put the door back together properly... they're aware of this and I said they can fix it when the parts come in, not knowing how bloody long the parts would take! Grrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

RB 200 Cup!
sounds a right s**t situation!

id be mega pissed off as well having to wait that long for parts

I'm still waiting for Sewards Portsmouth to let me know my Recaro subframes are in. Eleven months now.
I gave up after three months and went to Hemming in Chichester. They were spot on - In fact I got 2x brand new recaros and 2x subframes. The parts took a month to turn up though.

VW Caddy Van
Not just renault. I ordered a new alloy wheel thro Ford when i had my Fiesta, was advised it was on back order and they'd phone me when it arrived at the garage. Almost 2 years later, car had 18's fitted then a set of 15's and now sold and still no sign of the wheel lol

Noodle999, you don't say in you post how many times you have spoken to them.
Did you make a note of each time you did & what each person said ?

If you have, i'd consider writing a letter of complaint to them, they may offer you something by way of companstion too..

Burgandy 174 sport t
If you have, i'd consider writing a letter of complaint to them, they may offer you something by way of companstion too..

Will they f**k!! All you will get is sorry!

Burgandy 174 sport t
I have had many dealings with reno, seats blowing up cars been scratched etc in my experience thats all u will get!