ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Clio warning sybols

chevrolet captiva
Clio 1.2 petrol 2003 and belomgs to my daugher who has just aquired the car, she drives it
short distances when a symbol which I believe to be the intermittent glow plug warning light.
P;us an engine symbol showing bottom right on the dash , I believe it to mean possible poor
fuel or exhaust blow and could be 02 sensor.
after a short drive the engine loses power but does not cut out, there is no throttle response
and engine will not rev beyond 2000rpm, after a short rest the car can be driven normally until
the fault reoccurs.can any one help and yes we had it on an analyser.

Petrol cars don't have glow plugs so it won't be that.

If the engine management light is on, you need to get it plugged in to a code reader to see what fault codes it stores

after a short rest the car can be driven normally until the fault reoccurs.can any one help and yes we had it on an analyser.[/QUOTE said:
Did they not give you a print of the error code(s)..?

It may be going into limp mode... Have you checked your oil level?

Check the simple things before anything major!

It does sound like limp mode but it wouldn't be activated with low oil. Try testing the basics like spark plugs, leads, coil pack etc. 9 times out of 10 it is one of these !

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
It'll be the black box behind the engine rubbing through the wires for the ECU.