ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault 5 TR rally car bargain!

X2 Clio Valvers
Alright guys. I've got another thread on here for my clio restoration,

I got a little fed up with it and wanted something that I can do the odd bit to. Anyway I posted a 'wanted' advert online for cars in need of work etc. I quickly received an email from a guy that offered me both a supra and an r5 TR.
We exchanged numbers and I received some pics
70e1905352400cfedb4e59f3aee63b3a.jpg

3ef8d782178fdf3341ac96f29d4b9ef2.jpg

1cbff172a5f20d720c964f000fe99303.jpg

967e486ebdaccecf20e2cbe049b157a3.jpg

Looks fine, the guy was honest with me in telling me it needed a bit of welding, sills want doing and a few patches in side, naf all really! Anyway my mate took me through to take a proper look, pics are rubbish as it was dark but here's the 5 next to my mates valver
47c06b0bd153e6a43afdec1648bf7c86.jpg

Plan wise, I intend to sort the rust, possibly drop a valver lump in it and have it as a road legal track car. The car has been completely stripped out and the engine has had loads of work done, well as he said it's rally tuned, it's got some sort of cam in it which sounds epic, a k&n and some other stuff, it has done 85k iirc with fsh and 2 owners, even has both keys still!

He told me he wanted shut so I said £350...
To which he replied "yeah mate that's sound" so I've dropped on! Though I'd share it on here cos I know there's a lot of 5 fans :p
I don't have the car yet, I will be getting it tomorrow so will put done more pictures on :)

Nice! I do love a 5

What's the spec and plans regarding suspension, brakes etc?

Will weigh around 700-750 with a cage so anything around 200bhp will be a quick car.

LSD is key in these.

X2 Clio Valvers
Nice! I do love a 5

What's the spec and plans regarding suspension, brakes etc?

Will weigh around 700-750 with a cage so anything around 200bhp will be a quick car.

LSD is key in these.

Cheers!

I'm thinking valver or williams set up, or maybe coillies but haven't thought that far ahead yet lol.

Yeah it should be good fun! Lots of work and money to be spent lol