ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Any Tableau users?

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Don't suppose there are any Tableau {Desktop} users here, that build reports?
I'm stuck with making a dynamic chart where the results of a parameter change 3 targets and an actual.

I have two data sources - One containing the actual's, among other things and one containing the targets.

Table1:

ProGT_OOSTNA_OOSPC_OOS
Retail10.30.12
Impulse0.12.21.1
Impulse1.311.1
etc.

Table 2:

TypeProRedAmberGreen
GTRetail1.20.40.4
GTImpulse1.111.1
TNARetail1.42.20.3
TNAImpulse0.70.30.2
PCRetail0.10.20.3
I have a stacked bar chart to represent the targets and a X to represent the actual:

qtaigcl56b2c1.png

** The data in the tables is made up and not representative of the data in the graph.

Now I wish to make this dynamic, so if a user selects "GT" they get the results for GT, TNA for TNA and PC for PC.

I have created a Parameter to do this ([Select Measure]), as well as a calculated field:

Code:
case [Select Measure]
when 'GT' then [Gt Oos]
when 'TNA' then [Tna Oos]
when 'PC' then [Pc Oos]
END

This works fine, I have added it to the Columns shelf and it changes with the parameter drop down, however I am unable to get the RAG Targets to do the same.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
I did actually fix it, however, as I have 0 values in some of my graphs, it creates a <0 plot on my axis.
Which makes it look pony.

Normal:

1700845406553.png

With 0's

1700845375644.png

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Why not add a Zero value field then ignore it in the "selection"

I have no idea what you just said, this is my first week as a Tableau user after spending 4 hours watching Tableau Tim on Youtube