ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Removing dephaser solenoid seal

Dodgy one
Mines been weeping a while so i've ordered a new one and finally got round to fitting it.

Anyway to remove it, Ive had a go and its not been going too well, so before i up the brutality i'l ask if anyone else has done it?

I dont believe you can get under it as its in a recess in the head so how is it removed?

Do you have to drill down through it so that you can get a pick under it and pull it out?

Dodgy one
Seems to be set in there like concrete, I was practically bending my pick trying to get it out, I'l have another go at it.

Dodgy one
So im going in under the seal through the hole, imbetween the rocker and the rubber? These seals have a metal structure to them with the rubber over them i take it?

Dodgy one
Its given in, went with a crack when it went mind cleaned it all up, new ones pressed in with my socket and its all together again, Thanks chaps,

Rich