ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A sticky question

obcuz

ClioSport Club Member
This problem has been around for years I know, but surely there must be a 'solution' to the sticky finish on the RS Clio plastics,

I know it can be stripped off with some trouble or even replaced, but I am looking for something that would take away the sticky 'feel' without removing or destroying the surface finish.
I have tried a few things to no avail, but surely there must be something it can be treated with?

I have had to remove the finish on the door pull/switch surround as this so easily shows damage, but some of the plastics would be a lot more difficult e.g. Climate Control/Radio etc., so not looking to strip that.

Cheers

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
On my 182 I removed any sticky plastics and sprayed with elbow grease degreaser, then gently rubbed down with a kitchen scrub sponge and then a microfiber. If you go light you don't remove any of the finish on the plastic, just the sticky residue. Takes some time and patience though.
The proper sport parts have a different almost sparkly look to the plastics, so I went that route rather than replacing with the slightly different non-sport plastics that some do.