ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recomended clio 182 upgrades?

immaculate clio 172
Evening all
Own a full fat 2005 (55) clio 182 on 69k mileage

Any recomendations on bits and pieces of running gear I should consider upgrading/renewing now she is 10 years old
Standard car with the exception of a resonated miltek exhaust system

Recently had new pads on rear and discs/pads on front along with calipers overhauled
New cup rear shocks
New cup front springs

Wheels refurbed and goodyear tyres fitted

Full major service

Other items I've been considering are -
Rear discs/bearings
Track rod ends inner and outer
Replace Ignition leads
Drop links!

Car seems to drive ok and looking underneath majority of bushings etc still seem to be in good shape

Just want to keep on top of everything as even though I bought the 182 as a fun runaround for work etc I've grown quite fond of it lately plus enjoy tinkering in the garage when i get time

Everyone loves a photo so here's a few
:up:

04837564-9070-43D9-A107-1118473B0542_zpsrwfujbv8.jpg

2E287355-247B-459B-BAF9-3C061F88AFA8_zpskm0dyjp8.jpg

AB527658-5953-4D4F-96CE-CAF8C1BF2D80_zpsbgoejno0.jpg

37288C4E-5E38-4659-A369-573D55DD0F44_zpsialhewpi.jpg

Last edited:

Karlos172

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio182 Trophy/R5GTT
Be worth changing brake fluid, gearbox oil and coolant too (type D) possibly thermostat.
Bottom ball joints.
Anti roll bar bushes?
I would check the renault service schedule, aux belt maybe due a change.

RB Clio 182
Looks great that mate, maybe a polybush dogbone and a new oem engine and gbox mount, or even vibratechnics/ktec ones.

immaculate clio 172
Thanks for replies

Aux belt and tensioner changed last year along with alternator and new battery
Brake fluid and coolant also changed
No history for thermostat but seems to heat up quickly and sit bang on half way up temperature gauge etc

Bottom ball joints and roll bar bushes could be a good idea though along with some fresh gearbox oil, 75/90 grade yes?
Tiny weep of oil around the selector rod on box but I've read most have this so not to worry, never had oil on floor from it!

Oem bushes ok for standard car?

Matt

2014 Clio 200t edc
Looks a really clean nice example that mate.
I would add a poly dogbone mount, which is a nice upgrade. But apart from that, just change things if and when needed. Decat if you fancy a bit of noise.

Listerine & Poledo
I'd probably not bother changing things "just because" and wait for them to actually fail.
You've done all the key stuff already, just drive the thing :)

immaculate clio 172
Looks a really clean nice example that mate.
I would add a poly dogbone mount, which is a nice upgrade. But apart from that, just change things if and when needed. Decat if you fancy a bit of noise.
Thanks mate, yes very pleased with it, think i fell lucky finding a nice clean example to be honest as appears to be alot of thrashed tat out there when was looking!
Was a little put off mine before viewed it as has 7 owners but thankfully seems they must have cherished the car!
Personally think good honest ones will start fetching a bit more money in the near future but we shall see

Not after anymore noise as find it almost too much with just the miltek cat back 😊
Rolling road run for curiosity could be an idea soon though