ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro Trendlines - £1,666.66 (Guess who)

is1

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Integra Type R DC2
I hear what you say but it only takes one person to buy them.
I wonder how much they are new (if you can still get them)? For someone with a bit of cash who didn't want the hassle of trying to find a set or didn't know the typical value, it might be a nice easy purchase.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol f**k me running!

According to the arrows you get a passenger seat, a door seal, a door pillar and a green garage door. Bargain!

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
advert keeps banging on about ebay only allowing 12 pictures, but then they seem to only have 1?

upgrade to blue arrows now from the red, thats gotta be worth a few hundred quid, lol.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  S4 Avant
£99 pounds for postage? I'd be annoyed at any less than a private helicopter delivering those same day for me.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
£99 pounds for postage? I'd be annoyed at any less than a private helicopter delivering those same day for me.

TBH, by the time I'd sorted out packing materials, probably 20 quids worth, and sorted the courier, probably at least £50, £30 isn't exactly an extortionate amount of money to charge for time.

The seat price however, wow. If they sell I'm going into business selling Trophy Recaro's.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap

It's worth bearing in mind that the insurance required to cover those for loss or damage would be fairly high.
For example, Paisleyfreight would charge an additional £35 for upto £1000 plus what ever the actual postage costs, so £99, providing they are fully insured, isn't exactly extortionate, plus ebay actually take a percentage of the postage you charge!
I've had people moan about postage in the past, but if anything goes wrong (damage or loss) where do they think the money to re pay them comes from!?

In regards to the price of the seats, it does seem a bit strong, maybe £1000 - £1,200 is a more sensible price for someone with large overheads, etc, but if someone is willing to pay that and they're happy with them, then that's what they're worth I suppose.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
In regards to the price of the seats, it does seem a bit strong, maybe £1000 - £1,200 is a more sensible price for someone with large overheads, etc, but if someone is willing to pay that and they're happy with them, then that's what they're worth I suppose.

Going by his feedback he has never actually managed to sell any of the ridiculously priced items so Im guessing there arent any people willing to pay it, lol.

Chi

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Z4, VW172, R26
Probably uses the ads to get his phone ringing.
I've got a couple sets I nearly have away for £750.. Good job I saw this ;)

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap
Going by his feedback he has never actually managed to sell any of the ridiculously priced items so Im guessing there arent any people willing to pay it, lol.

This may be true, but how many transactions does he complete outside of ebay?
Surely he'd be out of business by now if nothing substantial ever sold, as he clearly has a large unit and would have rent, business rates, etc to cover so I'm sure he must sell some of it... Maybe not at the ebay advertised price, but he must do a few private sales.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  S4 Avant
TBH, by the time I'd sorted out packing materials, probably 20 quids worth, and sorted the courier, probably at least £50, £30 isn't exactly an extortionate amount of money to charge for time.

The seat price however, wow. If they sell I'm going into business selling Trophy Recaro's.

It's worth bearing in mind that the insurance required to cover those for loss or damage would be fairly high.
For example, Paisleyfreight would charge an additional £35 for upto £1000 plus what ever the actual postage costs, so £99, providing they are fully insured, isn't exactly extortionate, plus ebay actually take a percentage of the postage you charge!
I've had people moan about postage in the past, but if anything goes wrong (damage or loss) where do they think the money to re pay them comes from!?

It'd cost me £35 to send them on a quarter pallet, and £12 at most by courier. Fully insured.
I run a mail order business, so assuming he pays similar costs he's making a fortune.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be very easy to create ebay accounts and buy off himself as well. Although not sure how you could make that work long term.

Probably need several fake accounts which buys stuff off his main account. I've had someone try to buy my eBay account because of the 100% positive feedback so it was probably something similar. - A new account buying one thing from him would look far too dodgy.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Here we have a very very rare SPECIAL 1 of only 500 RECARO seats out of a TROPHY

Erm, I hope this is 2 out of a possible thousand seats, sod paying 1600 quid for 1!

(1100 for the swiss geeks)

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  2003 Clio 172 Cup
Pretty sure it's a case of buying items in cheap. Say a complete written off vehicle. Then price everything high as an ebay listing but include your phone number because nobody will actually "buy it now". But they will call and haggle or enquire if it's a price mistake, at which point he offers a big discount making the buyer think they're getting a bargain but he's still making a chunk.

I used to do a similar thing with selling used cars years ago.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Pretty sure it's a case of buying items in cheap. Say a complete written off vehicle. Then price everything high as an ebay listing but include your phone number because nobody will actually "buy it now". But they will call and haggle or enquire if it's a price mistake, at which point he offers a big discount making the buyer think they're getting a bargain but he's still making a chunk.

I used to do a similar thing with selling used cars years ago.

He doesnt though, when people have sent him sensible offers he just calls them poor and tells them to go away, lol.

Try offering him a grand for those seats and I bet he says no!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think troll bidding is in order until every one of his items is over £100k,
there's more to this than asking silly prices, I think the parts come with big bags of coke or something.

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
  Transit & Death trap
It'd cost me £35 to send them on a quarter pallet, and £12 at most by courier. Fully insured.
I run a mail order business, so assuming he pays similar costs he's making a fortune.

I'd be interested to know what firm you use?
I work for a courier company and we don't see prices like that!...
£12 for two large items at 16kgs each and covered for a value of £1000+, would genuinely be interested to know who you're using? PM me.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  S4 Avant
I'd be interested to know what firm you use?
I work for a courier company and we don't see prices like that!...
£12 for two large items at 16kgs each and covered for a value of £1000+, would genuinely be interested to know who you're using? PM me.

You've made me question myself now so I've had to check... A 24 hour parcel with parcelforce costs us just over £6 +vat and surcharge. That's with a 30kg weight limit. Two parcels would be a tad over £10 +vat. Parcelforce cover our parcels up to £500 for nothing extra, but we'll assume the trader has paid over £1000 for them for the sake of argument. in which case, cover up to £1000 would cost an extra £8 on top.

Trader Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The guys an Idiot, he had a full on argument with me because he believe's ringing cars legal (taking the V5 and vin/plates from one car and putting it on another)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  182cup & 172 racecar
Does anybody really give a flying fcuk about this? I know I don't, but everybody seems to get their knickers in a twist over nothing.