ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear of the car too low

Ritch_Kid26

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Good afternoon all
I recently replaced the rear shocks on my 182 due to 1 of them leaking, the car seems to be back to normal apart from the rear looks too low/ lower than the front and my rear wheels are now scrubbing the arches when I go over bumps,
Can anyone help?
The car is lowered on cooksport springs and never done this before the new shocks went in
Cheers

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
What shocks did you buy?

The shocks do nothing to the ride height btw.

Ritch_Kid26

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Haha I do know that mate lol
it's just since it went in to get the new standard shocks put on the car it's started doing this
Do you remove the springs when replacing the dampers ? Is it possible the lowering springs haven't been put in properly ?

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
The springs don't get removed to put new shocks in, I replaced mine before I knew anything about cars, it's a simple job that's pretty much impossible to screw up, unless your springs have somehow become unseated, but they'd have probably fallen out by now.

Have you actually had a look at them to make sure they're still there?

Ritch_Kid26

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
The springs don't get removed to put new shocks in, I replaced mine before I knew anything about cars, it's a simple job that's pretty much impossible to screw up, unless your springs have somehow become unseated, but they'd have probably fallen out by now.

Have you actually had a look at them to make sure they're still there?
Haha aye they are still there,
Okay mate kl can't be springs then,
I hav noticed the ride with the new shocks is considerably softer than with the old ones and that's maybe why the wheel is travelling up and scraping the arch,
I just won't let anyone in the back anymore now lol
Cheers for the help mate

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
They shouldn't be scraping with new shocks at all, the springs set the ride height and the shocks just damp the bumps out so the back doesn't bounce around and Cooksports don't lower the car that much, where are you in the country?

Ritch_Kid26

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Like I said mate it's only when I go over some bumps in the road but it never ever done it before the new standard shocks went in that's why I'm a bit confused lol I'm in Glasgow mate

Ritch_Kid26

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Haha it's ok mate cheers anyway do u think I should tighten the nut up more on the top of the shock in the boot ? Will this make any difference lol

Ritch_Kid26

ClioSport Club Member
  BG 182
Just checked the part number on the new shocks 8200681125
That's the same number that was on the old shocks too