ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quieter exhaust

Renault Clio 172 16V
I've just purchased a 172 cup with 183 engine block and although the exhaust is nice, it's too loud for me. Any idea what sort of exhaust I should go for to replace it, or will the standard do and not affect performance too much?

Clio Trophy
you could still have a custom one and they can make it as quite as you want, or maybe modify the system thats on it?

PH2 172
I've just purchased a 172 cup with 183 engine block and although the exhaust is nice, it's too loud for me. Any idea what sort of exhaust I should go for to replace it, or will the standard do and not affect performance too much?

Sorry mate,I`m on one tonight.Get a set of the earmuffs F1 pitcrews seem to wear,or a £1 pair of earplugs,damn sight cheaper.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
genuine Renault system, light, doesn't restrict it and sounds quiet! ideal!!

+1 super quiet.

but it's heavy Imo

a bit too quiet tbh, could do with a louder back box.

I think genuine mid section and a louder back box would be a good choice

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Also costs a bomb and rusts.

Better with one of those ''quieter'' type stainless ones surely ?

Trawl the interwebs like i did. I found a very good condition Ph1 Exhaust and stuck that on my Ph2 after some welding and its perfect.
Oh and it cost me £40 for a center and backbox ;)

Arctic Blue 182 FF
Scorpion RS192 quiet,does not drone on m/way and stainless so no rust,loads on here got them

phase 1 flamer 172
I fitted the btb originally because I read on here it was fairly quiet, too loud for me so I fitted the k tec twin pass super quiet stealth system, very happy with the quietness of it.

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
I hated the quietness of my OEM 182 system. I was glad when the bloody thing rotted away!

D.

I do slightly agree, Since sticking a genuine 172 exhaust i have noticed its too quiet.. I plan to fit a new backbox for some extra noise

Clio 172 Cup
+1 for the Scorpion. Fitted one with a mate to my 172 cup and couldn't be happier. Nice and quiet, but loud where it counts