ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick Shifts - Anyone tried these Rokkor

Yozz'd up 182
Guessing that cause the boxes are a known problem and go quite often, a quickshift will only lower their life expectancy?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
f**king sigh... this is a cheap ripoff of a decent product, it will be s**t like the one Ktec sell which is also a cheap copy which various people have had on here and confirmed its s**t, get the real deal from MBPerformance. Ive had one fitted for 2 years now and its awesome :)

Edit: Quickshifts in general are fine to use unless u drive like a c**t constantly.. just dont fit the pin!!

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Well unfortunately I drive like a C**T constantly in my Clio as its a track car! lol

Might give it a miss then - I dont think my box needs another excuse to spit its dummy out on me again!!!

Oh & what pin are you referring to? EDIT - can see the pin now - why wouldnt you want to fit it - havent had my selector box apart before. EDIT AGAIN - I take it its in 2 halves the product and you can fit the top half or both?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
U dont need to fit the pin, its an optional extra and I was advised by Fred and MBPerformance not to fit it as it would just screw up the syncros

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Ok - fair comment.

Tell me though what would make the half of the product that you would use 's**t'?

At the end of the day its alloy - provided its machined correctly theres not an awful lot to go wrong....unless its made out of chromed plastic! lol

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I know exactly what you mean but for instance people that have bought the Ktec shifter which I belive would be just as bad copy as that have said its extremely stif and generaly nasty to use, mine however is smooth as, its 10 times better than the standard shifter and completely changes the gear changes imo.

Clio 172 Sport Ph2
Think I might take a pop at it.....end of the day its only 62 quid to lose out on - if I dont like it then it'll end up on evilbay where I'll prob make at least half of my money back! lol

RS RIP
you'll like it.

Just remember to not tighten the linkage (stick to linkage) too much , as it made mine shift less smooth when i did this.

M

mini-valver

I run an MB copy thing and hated it at first. After using it on track though, completely changed my mind. Its quite stiff so is really really nice to use coming down the box, makes missing gears a lot harder.