ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone know what these gearbox parts codes are please?

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Yep, pretty odd name.

As far as I know it's only the clevis gearlvr type that has a removable bush. It has an old 7700 part number.

I'm buying it completely blind so i'd wait until I get mine as 25 quid is a lot if I'm wrong!

It was about 12 quid and the white split Bush was about 3 quid when I bought them from a normal Renault dealer.

I have an eBay copy of dialogys that I've put every code on my car into and the part numbers match that from Renault Wolverhampton so that what I'm working from.

The clevis part doesn't wear so if you can find one on eBay you can fit just the Bush and insert.

If I'm right I'll post the three part numbers up you need.

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, pretty odd name.

As far as I know it's only the clevis gearlvr type that has a removable bush. It has an old 7700 part number.

I'm buying it completely blind so i'd wait until I get mine as 25 quid is a lot if I'm wrong!

It was about 12 quid and the white split Bush was about 3 quid when I bought them from a normal Renault dealer.

I have an eBay copy of dialogys that I've put every code on my car into and the part numbers match that from Renault Wolverhampton so that what I'm working from.

The clevis part doesn't wear so if you can find one on eBay you can fit just the Bush and insert.

If I'm right I'll post the three part numbers up you need.
Cheers buddy. Looking forward to seeing what comes.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
This makes me feel happier about sinking 25 quid into a theory!

From an old eBay ad:

cedd01171505e0da903ab7f8fb375459.jpg

Text from ad read:

"I am selling a brand new genuine clutch cable for a Renault Clio Sport 172 & 182, part number 8200699727. Also included is a brand new gear linkage shifter or "filtration module" as Renault calls it, part number 8200201750."

Battery Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
This makes me feel happier about sinking 25 quid into a theory!

From an old eBay ad:

cedd01171505e0da903ab7f8fb375459.jpg

Text from ad read:

"I am selling a brand new genuine clutch cable for a Renault Clio Sport 172 & 182, part number 8200699727. Also included is a brand new gear linkage shifter or "filtration module" as Renault calls it, part number 8200201750."
Oh s**t looks like we're after different parts haha

I'm after the connecting rod that goes to the white bush.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Yes but if that Conrod is worn you'll need the filtration module as the Bush will be worn too.

The Bush is on the module not the Conrod

Cup In bits
Oh s**t looks like we're after different parts haha

I'm after the connecting rod that goes to the white bush.

Dan what you're looking for is the shift pin I think.

I have a shorter one for sale with a 10% reduction in throw.

Is this it?

765379DA-6C24-47BB-BFDF-241BFC6601A9_zpsqcoczkyg.jpg

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
It's a metal insert. The Bush is on the filtration module is the knurled bit and fits in the end of the Conroed If you have the old type the Bush is separate.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Bits for old type linkage.

The knurled Bush is attached to the pin on my filtration module. Any attempt to remove it that wouldn't destroy it failed :(

967d4636164875a09edc694e127b7531.jpg

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
You might be alright. The knurled bush on mine was worn and the conrod hole was oval due to water ingress through a hole in the boot. I need the filtration module unfortunately.

The white nylon bush in the gearbox housing is usually the main culprit.

Audi (R)S2, 1.6 16v
I have the same issue with the linkage on my 1.6 and have identified the 'filtration module' bush OD / selector rod hole ID tolerance as the issue - you can see the rotational movement when moving the linkage by hand under the car, even with the nut fully tight.

I ordered the older parts in error and realised within 10s of looking that it was wrong... Seems a bit daft not to be able to replace the bush on the newer model.

As I had nothing to lose, I have ground off the shaft, drilled and taped a hole and replaced with a bolt and the new metal bush. I'm going to try a different bolt, as the one I used was fully threaded, so was a little small in diameter - which I solved with some heatshrink for now but obviously, that's not quite as stiff as metal LOL.

If I can tighten it all up, I'm going to get a short shift pin in there - any recommendations?

Are the sport pins different dimensions to the standard ones? I've always thought that the throw was a little shorter on the 172 vs the 1.6 but the action was so sloppy that it was a little difficult to tell...