ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quarter mile times!

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I'm going to dig my old slips out, were a few low 14s.

Car was 174.9bhp has it hadn't been mapped then, still had standard cat plus full interior. Was running ktec induction, custom 1 box catback exhaust and Pirelli Pzero nero road tyres.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
My car weighed 1080kg - RR'd at 184bhp - Power/weight ratio - 170bhp/ton

Scott's Audi S3 weighed 1614kg - 260bhp - Power/weight ratio - 161bhp/ton

Ill get a video up when I'm back from work tonight.

Bet that jap s**t you got now wont get under 16secs ;) :rasp:

My car weighed 1080kg - RR'd at 184bhp - Power/weight ratio - 170bhp/ton

Scott's Audi S3 weighed 1614kg - 260bhp - Power/weight ratio - 161bhp/ton

Ill get a video up when I'm back from work tonight.

Wayne where the flapping hell was that RR?? Performance torque? Lol

bit generous at 184.

Mine runs 181 at one place and 192 at another:) the latter seems better flol

BMW 123d/Rover Metro
It was a place called Rolling Road Services local to me...It ran as high as 196bhp at one place and the guy was asking which cams I'd got installed! LoL

EVO 9 , Clio 172
Can I ask what terminals you are getting with these times.
I have never ran a clio but Northy who I bought it off ran it at the pod and got a 14.9, that sounds about right to me.

I have ran my evo loads of times over the years and find a good 60ft will give a faster time but lower terminal speed , don't make sense really :)

RS Clio 200
ygyqu8eg.jpg

Bit different but domsclio came to santa pod with us last year and if i remember right he couldn't get the power down until half way up the strip lol

Supercharged 182

Ph2 172
Interesting and some decent times posted here. I've never done a day at the drag strip, would be interesting to see what times I could achieve between my cars and see what the power/ traction issues bring with:

330bhp/ton (AD08's?)
256bhp/ton (with its slicks should be good?)
And the clio at shall we say 160bhp/ton

Breaking 172 NV676
That's a quick time. At Santa Pod?

Although I have no interest in running mine on a drag strip. Would rather spend a day on track. I wonder what an ITB'd Clio would run..

It was at shakespeare, hopefully will be going again later in the year once I have sorted out the ECU issues. It did run a 13.8 but that was with a turbo and running rough.

Santa Pod is supposed to be quicker now after they relaid their track last year

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'm doing the UK Power Run for a laugh and to join a friend running his 67 Mustang. So Hastings, Shakey and York all in 3 days with the driving between :)

I've done RWYB at Santa Pod and Shakey before, but I wasn't quick (low to mid 15s). Car has since been stripped and has AD08s so I'm hoping for a slightly better time. I don't like launching it though or rushing the gear changes, the Gripper'd box cost me too much to lunch by being a hero :eek:

It's good fun at the end of the day, and my clio was built for track not drag (unlike Toms ;)) so I'm not too fussed on times.

When I was a chav I got a 14.85 at Santa pod in a Mk1 Clio 16v, standard engine just with an air filter and decat back exhaust system on Toyo T1-S's. Lol

Oh, forgot to mention that it had no interior (just one seat, steering wheel, interior loom with no dash, no bonnet) so weighed 820kg.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
15.5 in a 172 with full interior, full tank, and a heavy ass subwoofer, probably looking to go again but with none of that extra weight :)

Ph1
Can I ask what terminals you are getting with these times.
I have never ran a clio but Northy who I bought it off ran it at the pod and got a 14.9, that sounds about right to me.

I have ran my evo loads of times over the years and find a good 60ft will give a faster time but lower terminal speed , don't make sense really :)

60ft is more about the time, terminal is more about the power.

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
The tyres I bought the car with are cheap crap and spun most of the way down the strip to be fair haha going back up in march and will fling some decent tyres at it and see how it goes :D

i'm guessing you were at crail?
I managed a 14.37 in my 172

hopefully i'll beat that this year :D

BG182ff,explod Focus
I did a 14.44s with a terminal of 100.9mph at Shakey in my pretty much standard 182FF.
Was on the 16" wheels with RS2 tyres running normal tyre pressure with a boot full of junk so a stripped out car on 15" wheels with tyres that have actual grip should be able to drop into the 13's.
When it was on the rolling road at Viezu it made 146hp/131ft-lb at the wheels a few months later with the same catback exhaust, V6 airbox and RS tuner 98ron map.

Last edited:

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
What mods did you manage to get that time with?

I've got 438's all be it i had a pretty weak engine in the car
also got a v6 airbox, matched inlets and a de-cat

need to get in on the rollers again as i'm running a different engine with the same mods :)
also need to get up to crail

225 Cup & Williams
I've got 438's all be it i had a pretty weak engine in the car
also got a v6 airbox, matched inlets and a de-cat

need to get in on the rollers again as i'm running a different engine with the same mods :)
also need to get up to crail

What power was it making on the last engine?

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I did a 14.44s with a terminal of 100.9mph at Shakey in my pretty much standard 182FF.
Was on the 16" wheels with RS2 tyres running normal tyre pressure with a boot full of junk so a stripped out car on 15" wheels with tyres that have actual grip should be able to drop into the 13's.
When it was on the rolling road at Viezu it made 146hp/131ft-lb at the wheels a few months later with the same catback exhaust, V6 airbox and RS tuner 98ron map.

You coming to our rr day again on the 15th march mate ?

Michaelfoz

ClioSport Club Member
  Clios
What power was it making on the last engine?

im actually unsure.
i was at xtreme in broxburn and it made 200 which is unrealistic,
swr put it on a different set of rollers and i made 191 but i don't believe that either.

I'm thinking i must be around 180,
hopefully i can get it onto the rollers soon and get a figure