ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Properly back after 12 years...

2004 Racing Blue 182
Massive thanks to @Degsy1967 for being an honest and upfront bloke.

Just got home from a 7hour round trip after purchasing and picking up D11CUP. What an absolute cracker of a car. Never seen a used car look so clean and well looked after. The car is a credit to all of it's previous owners (@mossyv6 also I believe). D11CUP was described perfectly, genuinely immaculate both inside and out.

Would be great if I could get some photos, any history/stories from the previous owners.

Really looking forward to being an active member of the site again and getting to grips with the little blue rocket.

I feel a name change coming on if possible!

Cheers guys.

NV

Noooooo, don't change your name - it's history, maaaan :cool:

Will look forward to some pics ;) I have a RB 182 Cup on my list of cars I'm thinking about (along with a 172 Cup) so I'll be interested to hear your feedback on how it compares to a valver!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I think i've already asked you this, but where in Huddersfield are you? I'll keep an eye out!

2004 Racing Blue 182
Cheers guys.

Some obligatory pics...

31CC3525-7103-4D84-8D87-5878F865B417.jpg

AA9A80BA-F454-4A28-9E1F-BBC987FFF859.jpg

C3DFD5DC-A338-43E1-B68E-F850C7BF1101.jpg

She isn’t as clean today, but it was a bit snowy up on Saddleworth Moor at 7am this morning ☺️

And I shall keep the name then. You guys are right. Tradition and all that

NV

gavinf91

ClioSport Club Member
Weirdly I think that was for sale in Huddersfield about 7-8 months ago as I was gonna buy it before I got mine. I remember the advert saying the previous owner put a new interior in. Anyways it looks mint, I'll keep a look out as I usually fill up at Brighouse Tesco.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Thought I recognised it.

Was speaking to the Chap as he ran Ktec coilovers and wondered what he thought.

Nil presently.
Cheers guys.

Some obligatory pics...

31CC3525-7103-4D84-8D87-5878F865B417.jpg

C3DFD5DC-A338-43E1-B68E-F850C7BF1101.jpg

She isn’t as clean today, but it was a bit snowy up on Saddleworth Moor at 7am this morning ☺️

And I shall keep the name then. You guys are right. Tradition and all that

NV

Looks absolutely cracking, delighted to see she ended up in good hands - cheers to @imprezaworks for linking me!

I purchased this from @mossyv6 a few years back, as a second vehicle to enjoy around the coastal roads of Cornwall with my partner. When it came into my ownership, it was nothing short of immaculate, with mossy harnessing every ounce of OCD at his disposal to make it that way. From the replacement of all marked interior trims, to uprooting the carpet lining as it was too tatty for his liking; you name it, this car had had it - I was sold before we even turned the key. The test drive further reinforced that this was one of those 'needle in a haystack' Renaultsports, the kind that hasn't been thrown around a local maccies car park at 4am on a Saturday morning with Dj Cammy pumping out a Halfords spec subwoofer. It was simply a well loved, well driven and thoroughly cherished piece. We shook hands that day, and the following morning I began a 7 hours jaunt to my cottage in North Cornwall.

I had the vehicle for around a year before deciding to sell up, as I was planning the final stages of my relocation to Qatar and didn't want the vehicle sitting unappreciated whilst I was away. I had a colossal amount of interest on the vehicle when it hit the marketplace, with the first interested party snapping it up straight away.

Unfortunately the new owner (Brandon if I recall correctly) didn't keep it for very long, as he ended up getting a company car with his new job and didn't have anywhere to safely store the Clio. That's where my trail ran dry.

Completely serious remark here, I would love to have her back under my ownership again. If you ever decide to part with her, be sure to let me know!

Either way, I hope you get as much enjoyment out of her as we did buddy :)

IMG_2307.JPG

2004 Racing Blue 182
Looks absolutely cracking, delighted to see she ended up in good hands - cheers to @imprezaworks for linking me!

I purchased this from @mossyv6 a few years back, as a second vehicle to enjoy around the coastal roads of Cornwall with my partner. When it came into my ownership, it was nothing short of immaculate, with mossy harnessing every ounce of OCD at his disposal to make it that way. From the replacement of all marked interior trims, to uprooting the carpet lining as it was too tatty for his liking; you name it, this car had had it - I was sold before we even turned the key. The test drive further reinforced that this was one of those 'needle in a haystack' Renaultsports, the kind that hasn't been thrown around a local maccies car park at 4am on a Saturday morning with Dj Cammy pumping out a Halfords spec subwoofer. It was simply a well loved, well driven and thoroughly cherished piece. We shook hands that day, and the following morning I began a 7 hours jaunt to my cottage in North Cornwall.

I had the vehicle for around a year before deciding to sell up, as I was planning the final stages of my relocation to Qatar and didn't want the vehicle sitting unappreciated whilst I was away. I had a colossal amount of interest on the vehicle when it hit the marketplace, with the first interested party snapping it up straight away.

Unfortunately the new owner (Brandon if I recall correctly) didn't keep it for very long, as he ended up getting a company car with his new job and didn't have anywhere to safely store the Clio. That's where my trail ran dry.

Completely serious remark here, I would love to have her back under my ownership again. If you ever decide to part with her, be sure to let me know!

Either way, I hope you get as much enjoyment out of her as we did buddy :)

View attachment 1355238

Cheers dude [emoji1303]

So far I’ve had a huge smile on my face everytime I even think about it. Need to get a bit of decent weather together and give it a good once over with some cleaning products.

I’ve already been approached to sell and I’ve only owned her 2 days! That just goes to show how good an example I’ve managed to bag for myself.

Looking forward to taking her out for some proper driving days around Yorkshire and the Peak District, both of which are pretty much on my doorstep.

NV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

535d / t5 caravelle
Looks like a great car you got there! I Remember your username lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If it's been through the @mossyv6 school of perfection at some point in its life then it will definitely be one of the best examples out there. I'll poke @RV. to add you to the Yorkshire register and tag you for our meets, we usually head around Glossop way and up into the hills.

2004 Racing Blue 182
If it's been through the @mossyv6 school of perfection at some point in its life then it will definitely be one of the best examples out there. I'll poke @RV. to add you to the Yorkshire register and tag you for our meets, we usually head around Glossop way and up into the hills.

Top man :up:

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200

Thanks buddy :)
It was and still is (I saw it just before Xmas) an immaculate car.
I did have a chance of buying it back a couple of weeks ago and was really really tempted but I think I would be divorced, lol.
Wants for nothing - great car.

Lovely car and in the best colour of course, though I might be slightly biased.
I'm from Birstall originally and used to spend a fair bit of time in Brighouse.
Will keep a look out for the car as you don't see many RBs about these days!

2004 Racing Blue 182
Possibly mate, if u were about 12 years ago, you may have seen the Naples Valver?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk