ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

Goliath I
Finished a race earlier in last place (26th) and having been lapped, cross the line and my engineer goes 'Congratulations, that's a podium' then in the classification screen I'm 14th WTF? lol

Still had loads of bugs in it even after the patch.

Really wish there was a mid race save option too, that's what I loved about F1 14 you start a full race or 50% knowing that if you didn't have time to finish it you could just come back later.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
LOL! Having played this a bit more recently... it's funny how you tend to perform better (and feel more comfortable) driving the tracks that you may have actually driven on a track day or in a real-life race. Or maybe it's just me! :blush:

The engineer makes me chuckle.
Lost a wheel and nearly all bodywork on my Zonda. He radioed over to say I'd damaged my front light and they'd get another ready.

In fact each time I pressed the light button, he told me it was broken and he'd let me know when to come in haha.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Finished a race earlier in last place (26th) and having been lapped, cross the line and my engineer goes 'Congratulations, that's a podium' then in the classification screen I'm 14th WTF? lol

Still had loads of bugs in it even after the patch.

Really wish there was a mid race save option too, that's what I loved about F1 14 you start a full race or 50% knowing that if you didn't have time to finish it you could just come back later.

Another patch coming on Friday for xbox. Probably be coming for a few months at this rate lol. Sort of game you're best of buying 6 months after release.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I know it has lots of bugs but I'm happy to play it with bugs than not play it at all.

I can't even imagine how big of task it would of been making this game.
If paying full price for a game, I expect it to be a finished product. Wouldn't accept buying a car/phone/watch/bluray and accept it not working correctly because it's difficult to manufacture lol.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
This is nothing new though. Games have been released unfinished for the past few years.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Another patch coming on Friday for xbox. Probably be coming for a few months at this rate lol. Sort of game you're best of buying 6 months after release.
The patch hasn't even been submitted for testing/verification to MS so i highly doubt it will make it out for Friday, Look how long the 1.3 patch took to actually make it to consoles.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Not that it really matters because it'll still be bugged to f**k for next few months I bet. But it does seem I misread something on the forum and there isn't yet a date. With any luck it'll be out before the end of the month then.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Anyone been warned for cuttings corners when entering the pits? Happened to me yesterday on Hockenhiem national.

Subaru, arctic 182FF
Loads of great games have been bugged on release.
And lets be honest is anything worse than windows itself yet everybody just accepts it.
yes this game has bugs but it is simply a fantastic racing experience and i for one really dont let the bugs overshadow how good the racing is

BMW M4; S1000 RR
What? How many bugs do you know of in Windows?

I have no sympthy for companies that release unfinished games. People just shouldn't buy them and it would stop happening.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Loads of great games have been bugged on release.
And lets be honest is anything worse than windows itself yet everybody just accepts it.
yes this game has bugs but it is simply a fantastic racing experience and i for one really dont let the bugs overshadow how good the racing is

True but these seem to be taking a lot longer to fix the bugs than most. Understandably they are small but it looks bad when a game breaking bug takes weeks to come out after they pushed back release time and time again saying they were just polishing it etc. I doubt they had even tried it on an xbox with a pad else they would have known straight away it needed a fix.

Can anyone tell me why career mode etc is all locked on my game?

Brand new only just opened, I can only play 'solo' and it's the same circuit over and over?

Edit: Scrap that found it

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I have no sympthy for companies that release unfinished games. People just shouldn't buy them and it would stop happening.
It's frustrating, but if people stop buying them then games don't get made. I wouldn't say it's unfinished though. Sure, a few issues here and there but an incredible job from a small team that started out with very little. There will always be issues with any software. Games are just inherently complex beasts and achieving performance and stability parity across multiple platforms is always going to be difficult. I feel for the dev's as they get all the ensuing sh!tstorm at the end of the day when it's in fact the publisher that's pushing the hard-to-meet deadlines and requests to release early and then patch later. I don't know of any developer (i.e. one who works hands-on on a game) that likes to release a known buggy piece of software. Sometimes they don't have that choice though.

(I'm not having a dig by the way mate, just trying to explain from a position on the other side) :smile:

True but these seem to be taking a lot longer to fix the bugs than most. Understandably they are small but it looks bad when a game breaking bug takes weeks to come out after they pushed back release time and time again saying they were just polishing it etc. I doubt they had even tried it on an xbox with a pad else they would have known straight away it needed a fix.
They are working hard on addressing the issues mate. To be fair they've had an awful lot of pressure on them and they've done an excellent job in my opinion :) The guys working on this are serious sim-heads and are working to fix them - the issues - rather than sit on the relatively impressive sales to date. Ultimately their actions are dictated by the publishers though.

I do agree though that it looks bad but we crave ever-more advanced games, graphics, effects, physics, etc. and it makes the development process all the more difficult. Hence why I personally think they've done a good job and hope they can sort the issues asap. I have to admit that the bugs have not affected my enjoyment of the game (once I'd tweaked the controller settings).

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah even before the controller fix for me it was still enjoyable and was already hooked, with the fix it is amazing.

I still cant stop playing it even with its faults just sometimes they become pretty frustrating lol. As long as they actually fix the issues I don't mind waiting.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It's frustrating, but if people stop buying them then games don't get made. I wouldn't say it's unfinished though. Sure, a few issues here and there but an incredible job from a small team that started out with very little. There will always be issues with any software. Games are just inherently complex beasts and achieving performance and stability parity across multiple platforms is always going to be difficult. I feel for the dev's as they get all the ensuing sh!tstorm at the end of the day when it's in fact the publisher that's pushing the hard-to-meet deadlines and requests to release early and then patch later. I don't know of any developer (i.e. one who works hands-on on a game) that likes to release a known buggy piece of software. Sometimes they don't have that choice though.

(I'm not having a dig by the way mate, just trying to explain from a position on the other side) :smile:

No that's a fair comment mate. I completely understand what it might be like from the other side, but when there are major issues with gameplay (to the point you wonder how many people ignored it in test stages) it just screams lazy.

I've fallen for it too many times which is probably why I appear so bitter!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
No that's a fair comment mate. I completely understand what it might be like from the other side, but when there are major issues with gameplay (to the point you wonder how many people ignored it in test stages) it just screams lazy.

I've fallen for it too many times which is probably why I appear so bitter!
Likewise mate, fair and very valid points too! I can't and won't say too much (and my bias may have given the game away somewhat) but I've spent a happy 12 years or so coding games and know a couple guys working on this game, hence I know how much they've personally sacrificed (and the team) to make it happen. It's far from glamorous I can tell you! I don't think you sound bitter at all; just frustrated as many are after spending their hard-earned on something that doesn't meet expectations. :up:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^^^ - totally agree Andy.

Now if you can just use your leverage with the devs to get them to retain my Logitech G25 settings on the PC - instead of recalibrating them every time - it would be appreciated! :p

That's a tiny niggle though. I had a GT3 race with my nephew at the weekend at Oulton, with eight other AI cars. At one point, we came together and damage ensued - my steering was proper pissed! It was quite an achievement (and a laugh) trying to coax my damaged Porsche around that track when the bloody thing wanted to pull to the right all the time.

Brilliant game and thoroughly enjoyable.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Now if you can just use your leverage with the devs to get them to retain my Logitech G25 settings on the PC - instead of recalibrating them every time - it would be appreciated! :tongueout:
Haha also Andy, can you ask them to improve the trigger feedback some more :wink:.
PMSL! I dare not suggest anything at the moment as I probably wouldn't like the response! The important thing (perhaps a sign of how tolerant gamers generally are?) is that folks do seem to be enjoying this game immensely. The scenario you mention ( @Darren S ) is one echo'd by many players. Despite the incredibly frustrating issues with controls (pads) the gameplay / racing element has proven to be perhaps one of the best yet in this genre.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Got a stupid 2 hour race in career I cant be bothered to commit to so had a play in this last night on Monza, tuned the gearbox to stay on full boost with it turned up max and what a rocket! Excuse the crappy driving its bloody hard work with all aids off and max boost with a pad 😌.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've decided I don't like endurance races after crashing into the pit 1.5 hours into a race and getting stuck resulting in me retiring. What a waste of f**king time that was then :rage:.

Impreza RB5 #054
Spent 45 mins(30mins prac 15 mins qualifying) perfecting my time around Oulton park last night in multiplayer, managed to bag 2nd place.
Come the race I was sitting on the grid waiting for the lights to go out and 4th place jumps the start and smashes into me and punts me into the wall, after faffing about with the box trying to get it into 1st and reverse they proceed to give me a drive through penalty for jumping the start.

I raged

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Unlucky!

I set Oulton to real time/weather at about 8 last night and had a drive about in a few cars. The lighting through the trees is amazing.

Could do with trying some non UK tracks soon lol.

Christopher.

South Central-South Coast
ClioSport Area Rep
I had a terrible time at Silverstone in the G40 champ. Got it on pole in the dry, then race day it was raining, Came 6th. Second race my race engineer bought me in to change tyre's. On the out lap it started raining and as i came round Antriee i got punted off.. down to 6th and then as i was coming back on track someone hit me so hard it flipped the car. Limped to the pits came dead last, 1 lap down.