ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Cars Time Trial August Special - Spa

mk1 Octavia VRS
Time trials have been a bit quiet recently. As it's the Belgian GP later this month I thought about doing a Spa special time trial.

For the car I was thinking the Lotus 98T. Yes it's bonkers, but if you turn the boost down and let the tyres warm up it's quite driveable! Then once you're used to it you can turn the boost up and go crazy... :tongueclosed:

For those not keen on the 98T, we could have another competition going with the Formula Renault 3.5.

mk1 Octavia VRS
Just had a few laps in the 98T - only managed a 2:09 so far! The quickest time is a 1:45(!) but I think getting under 2 minutes will need balls of steel. Maybe cranking the downforce up as well as the boost will work. I think gearing tweaks will be difficult too - too short ratios and you'll be slow on the straights but too long and it's easier to fall off the boost.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Will give this a go for sure! Got my wheel out in the lounge at the moment for Dirt 4 so it's nice and convenient.

Bug

Megane rs250
I'll have a good go today just finished a nightshift so will get some sleep first then have a crack
I did make a good base set up for the 98 t a few months back but it's the gear ratios to get the best out of it
I'm going to spa end of the month for the gp can't wait tbh camping all weekend with my mate from school. Just hope he gets us there in one piece as he got the new jcw mini and to be fair it don't half shift

Evo 5 RS
I got the G25 out of the garage last night, so might give this a go. Playing online is pointless, too many tits.

Time trials have been a bit quiet recently. As it's the Belgian GP later this month I thought about doing a Spa special time trial.

For the car I was thinking the Lotus 98T. Yes it's bonkers, but if you turn the boost down and let the tyres warm up it's quite driveable! Then once you're used to it you can turn the boost up and go crazy... :tongueclosed:

For those not keen on the 98T, we could have another competition going with the Formula Renault 3.5.
You wasn't online with this car and track yesterday was you? As someone set it up with no aids and no tuning, didn't even get to Eau Rouge before turning it off it was that ridiculous!

Bug

Megane rs250
Best I could do is 2.05.000
Need to fine tune the car over the bumps on this track, how do you change setups in time trial? Can't seem to remember how you do it

Attachments

• 20170802_111010.jpg
    20170802_111010.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 122

Bug

Megane rs250
You have to exit TT and tune in garage.
Cheer mate I remembered in the end, trying to complete a lap with full boost the set up I did my time on the boost was all the way down, I wondered why it felt so stable.
I want to break the 2 min barrier and I'm happy seems doable with full boost

Bug

Megane rs250
Managed to go a bit faster but there's miles of time to be found could barely keep the car on the track with the setup and full boost just shreds the rears by the time you come round to start the 2nd lap need to look at the setup too see what I can gain with the tyre temps and I'll have another run

Attachments

• 20170802_114954.jpg
    20170802_114954.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  Listerine & Poledo
FFS.

Alright, I'm back in fore this one. I did have a blast in the 98T around Rouen a few weeks back, never made a clean lap

just-that-ek

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane R26
My G29 has stopped working on This game ever since i accidentally update the game fs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mk1 Octavia VRS
You wasn't online with this car and track yesterday was you? As someone set it up with no aids and no tuning, didn't even get to Eau Rouge before turning it off it was that ridiculous!
Possibly but how would you have been watching me?!

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
Didn't play with the set up but got a bit bored of getting Eau Rouge wrong and having the lap invalidated! Tricky.
There's a lot (!) of time to be found but don't know how people actually manage a 1:45
IMG_2590.JPG

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Thing's a bit of a beast. Managed a 2:00.00 in free practice before realising the rules were for time trial :confused:

Last edited:
I found it a bit easier winding the boost right up to 6 bar - it's so spikey that I found it easier to manage than trying to push harder with lower boost levels. It's also worth upping the gear ratios and making 2nd/3rd/4th quite a bit longer.

mk1 Octavia VRS
I've had a few attempts at this over the last month. Best time was 2:02.976 (211th on the leaderboards). I think I could get under 2 minutes with a bit more practice but it's a bit of an animal. As well as crashing many many times and losing lots of wheels, I also managed to blow the engine on one of the runs!

Any more times to come in?

How about a Monza special for September? Maybe in a Pagani as it's Italian?