ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project 182

FULL FAT 182
Just a few updates.

V6 / Trophy Spoiler fitted

c6334676.jpg

80905e53.jpg

And a quick Video of the cams on tick over

th_7fdd6dd0.jpg

FULL FAT 182
very smooth just ticking over, wasnt expecting that, is it a big difference to feel of power?

It's very smooth to be honest, a very good product. I gained 13.5bhp and it was noticeable with the rs2 manifold, maximum gains will be seen with either the standard manifold or itb's.

FULL FAT 182
RS Tuning (Dyno Dynamics) 02-06-2011
RS192 Exhaust, JMS RS2 Manifold,De-Cat,RS Tuning Map.
BHP @ Fly 181.5 13.8 gain From standard
FtLb @ Fly 146 1.0 gain From standard

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
So that would be about 5 bhp on last time,will be interesting to see what mine makes when it go's on back on the original dyno at TDF.I must admit my car feels a fair bit quicker and it feels like the gains from ktec are about right,what about yours mate.

FULL FAT 182
So after a few months since owning the RS2 manifold i have decided to head back to the original cast alloy manifolds as i could do with the money due to a winter project, i managed to get them vapour blasted back to the factory finish and they look like they have been sprayed. To make the engine breath better i managed to get my hands on an espace airbox with the pipercross filter and silicone air feed.

Im popping down to ktec on Friday to get the work done and im rather looking forward to it.

IMG_0047-2.jpg

IMG_0048-1.jpg

IMG_0053-2.jpg

IMG_0052-2.jpg

IMG_0050-2.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045-2.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup
Love the clean look of the vapour blasted parts; very tidy! :)

Out of interest, what's the rough cost of vapour blasting?

FULL FAT 182
After 18 moths of ownership it was time to get the paintwork corrected by a friend and what a job he has done, mainly the common swirls from the previous owner, after he spent 8 hours these are the results. And i must say its come up looking brand new :)

5f9e61d8.jpg

d22a9571.jpg

31986baf.jpg

46289870.jpg

46289870.jpg

2bca491c.jpg

As mentioned earlier i have decided to sell the RS2 and revert back to my standard inlets due to raising cash for my winter project, here are some photos taken last night of the cleaned inlets and V6 air box :)

Big thanks to David, Andy, Sean and the other guys mucho happy with the outcome.

af6b84f4.jpg

b209b03a.jpg

698d751d.jpg

Ollie's Silver Cup
Although I'm a big fan of the RS2, your 'bay looks very smart with those inlets. :)

Excellent work on the PC too. Really smart.

FULL FAT 182
Thanks ollie, i need to spend a couple of hours cleaning the bay, I was looking at a few carbon bits but I'll see what the funds are like.

It's such a difference without the solid engine mounts, I don't seem to be shook around on cold start
Lol.

Last edited:
  FULL FAT 182
So after almost a week since sorting out the car I can honestly say the standard inlet works wonders with the cams and v6 airbox, pulling 192.1 bhp and around 160 lbs torque.
9c8bd727.jpg

FULL FAT 182
Yeah I got ktec to do everything as I just didn't have the time to do everything, the rs2 is with it's new owner an I'm sure he will enjoy it as what I did.

FULL FAT 182
unfortunatly the dyno is still in progress so the car was sent to Veysport which has the dyno dynamics rollers.(same as surrey rolling road)

Ollie's Silver Cup
Nice results. Given the amount of money and time invested in this car recently, it's good to see it's at a stage you're happy with. :)