ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerboost can

I have absolutely no intention of purchasing any I was just curious if anyone here has ever used it before & what they thought?

http://www.ecotekplc.com/Press.htm

It comes from the same company that makes the ECOTEK CB26 valve which clips onto your brake servo pipe Ya know the stupid thing that swirls the air etc..
(not sure how it would work on a boosted application though)

I know the whole magic in a can and if its to good to be true it probably is etc.. But if anyone has any experiences with it or a similar product I'd like to hear, Cheers :)

PH1 172 Sport
As above I think. I used to have an ecotek valve on my old car (when I was young and naive) was the biggest waste of £30 ever!!

The power boost in a can decoke stuff will make a difference......... but then so would jacking the throttle to get a 3K idle and misting some water down the intake. That'll have the sake decokeing effect for bugger all cost.

Cheers
M

Note it'll only make a difference if the car is genuinely 'coked' up. Which is pretty unlikely on an F4R thats been ragged fairly often and on decent fuel.

Used to love taking apart old WI WRC lumps as they'd be spotless inside thanks to the 'steam cleaning' effect of WI.

Cheers
M

Note it'll only make a difference if the car is genuinely 'coked' up. Which is pretty unlikely on an F4R thats been ragged fairly often and on decent fuel.

Used to love taking apart old WI WRC lumps as they'd be spotless inside thanks to the 'steam cleaning' effect of WI.

Cheers
M

I don't own a Clio anymore I have a boring Astra (still I guess its quicker than a Clio in a straight line lol)

I've learnt the hard way with quite a few things the best attitude is just if its not broke then leave it alone. But I guess you have to make a point of saying that just incase lots of threads come up saying engine won't start after a decoking attempt lol

I was just bored at work and was reading some reviews of the stuff and thought someone on here would be able to offer some further information/advice on it. Again thanks

Last edited:
  ITB'd MK1
used an ecotek valve to get a car with high CO through an MOT before. Just a vacuum leak really. useless apart from that. The spray stuff, i've looked at many times and never been convinced to try it.

Fifth gear tested octane boosters did they not?

This is a decoking treatment - which is not a lot moe than pure water with a bit of detergent in an aerosol can.

Cheers
M

Fifth Gear tested these sort of products and found they actually reduced power or had no effect.

I may be wrong but I remember reading whilst these octane boosters say raise 50 litres 3 points. What they actually mean is .3. So for example 95 ron would now become 95.3. So yeah waste of money! (like we didn't know)

If you want to boost the octane of pump fuel just chuck a can of celulose thinners in the tank, its mostly Toluene with a dash of Xylene - both of which work very well in boosting the effective octane rating of fuel.

Most cans of thinners also list percentages of the contents which allows you to work out how much you need to add to X litres of fuel for Y octane rating.

Cheers
M