ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Split Fuel Hose

Evening all, hope someone can help. Split fuel hose (the one nearest to offside edge) 0.5mm(ish) hole causing a small leak (looks like a rodent has nibbled it). Needs replacing but struggling to get hold of one. Any ideas?

Also can anyone confirm the outer hose I'm replacing is the one that feeds directly under the rear drivers-side passenger seat under that black plastic cover?

Car used regularly so much obliged if anyone could help out?

Cheers,

Craig

Pic1.jpg

Pic3.jpg

Pic2.jpg

Pic4.png

Follow up thread in case anyone suffers same problem. Took a punt on a return hose for a standard mk2 Clio as the hose with the green clips (which is I assumed was specifically for a 172 or 182) is proving impossible.

If anyone needs to do the same job, process to replace is straight forward.

1. open filler cap to release any pressure in the fuel tank
2. disconnect old hose from top of fuel tank beneath drivers side rear seat (there's very little pressure so no you won't get a mush full of petrol)
3. disconnect hose from front end of car (roughly where the door meets the wing)
4. loosen the fuel tank bolts just enough so you can wiggle it a bit
5. unclip old hose from the plastic brackets that run underneath the floor pan
6. connect narrow plug end of old hose in to socket of new hose
7. with new hose connected, pull old hose up from inside of the car whilst simultaneously feeding up the new hose
8. disconnect new hose from old one then connect new hose to fuel tank
9. clip new hose in to housings under floor pan
10. click new hose in to socket of hose at the front of the car

My initial worry was that the hose for a lower powered Clio would be narrower, but upon inspection width looks the same and after a 20 mile blast no leaks and performance is back to what it should be.

Not teaching anyone to suck eggs, just hoping anyone in the same jam might find this useful.

Cheers,

Craig

Original with green clip
pic5.jpg

Loosen fuel tank bolts for for a bit of manoeuvrability so you can pull the new hose through
Pic6.jpg

New hose connected to hose leading up in to engine bay
Pic 9.jpg

New hose with red clips in sitchu' under rear drivers side passenger seat
Pic7.jpg

Part No.
Pic 8.jpg

Cheers mate, sorry for belated reply. Because the nip was on a bend I thought a new pipe would be the best option. Luckily it was the return pipe so job done in half hour.
Thanks again,
Craig