ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Power flex

Clio 172
So I'm going to powerflex my whole car. (Every mount available)

But my question is how harsh are the "black series" mounts. It's my daily driver I'm happy to go with the black but if there too stuff for road use I'm equally happy to use the road ones?

Any one have experience with using black mounts on the road as a daily driver?

Thanks

Jack

Clio 172 phase 1
I have a black series dog bone mount and the steering wheel bounces up and down.... They are solid if it's not a weekend car that goes on the track then the extra cost is unjustified

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Save your money and buy brand new genuine stuff.

Agreed, for a daily the powerflex stuff just doesnt last, it feels good initially but a few months down the line it all starts getting a bit vague and you wish you had got genuine stuff that feels 95% as good initially but last far longer.

Clio 172
Well the price I get power flex at I'm still going with it. My question was between black series and road not genuine.

Then a vibratechnics engine mount to stop the bloody exhaust hitting the sub frame

Vibratechnics engine mount won't stop the exhaust hitting the subframe. New or powerflexed dog bone will.

Why start a thread asking advice/views/experience then go against all given and do it any way?? Why ask??
Typical CS style lol

172 Cup
Agreed, for a daily the powerflex stuff just doesnt last, it feels good initially but a few months down the line it all starts getting a bit vague and you wish you had got genuine stuff that feels 95% as good initially but last far longer.
A bit vauge after only a few months? I was under the impression powerflex was top quality and will out last standard bushes. Don't they also come with a lifetime warranty?

A bit vauge after only a few months? I was under the impression powerflex was top qualityand will out last standard bushes. Don't they also come with a lifetime warranty?

Lol.

Its its far from top quality. Decent polybushes still act like rubber. Not a hard plastic like powerflex.

superpro is decent polyurethane. Used on the bowler wildcats as OEM.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
A bit vauge after only a few months? I was under the impression powerflex was top quality and will out last standard bushes. Don't they also come with a lifetime warranty?

I dont know where you got that impression, Ive used powerflex bushes on variation applications and would never accuse any of them of being top quality TBH.

182 trackday racer
I dont know where you got that impression, Ive used powerflex bushes on variation applications and would never accuse any of them of being top quality TBH.

Powerflex is crap and a total waste of cash and time. Every single PowerFlex item Ive owned broke within 2 years.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I wish I'd have gone for the standard dog bone mount now after reading this.....

Wasted my money it seems

Another thing about powerflex being stiffer is it can ruin the geometry of the suspension.

For instance, and I'll use the rear trailing arm bushes for a DC2 as an example as they are probably the biggest case for this.

The bushes on the standard car are designed to have a set amount of flex in them. That certain amount of flex is then worked into how the suspension reacts. The RTA bushes, allow a set amount of movement. This movement is utilised and under heavy braking actually allows the rear wheels to toe in slightly and thus making the rear more stable. There was a few people who changed them for uprated items (and I mean uprated like hard race) found they had drastically affected its stability and returned them to standard.

Clio 172
Vibratechnics engine mount won't stop the exhaust hitting the subframe. New or powerflexed dog bone will.

Why start a thread asking advice/views/experience then go against all given and do it any way?? Why ask??
Typical CS style lol

You'll find my original question is reference between powerflex and powerflex. Not between OE equipment.

Typical CS style

RB 182 195bhp
I had a Powerflex dogbone mount on my 172 for about a year and never had any problems, had a Powerflex lower engine mount on my gti6 and that too had no problems, and my dad had power flex mounts on his corvette and again no problems?
Don't see why people are slating them tbh.
It seems OP wanted to know if the road Powerflex bushes were a better bet for road use than the black series and doesn't want OE ones, so doesn't care about opinions on them.

Clio 172
I had a Powerflex dogbone mount on my 172 for about a year and never had any problems, had a Powerflex lower engine mount on my gti6 and that too had no problems, and my dad had power flex mounts on his corvette and again no problems?
Don't see why people are slating them tbh.
It seems OP wanted to know if the road Powerflex bushes were a better bet for road use than the black series and doesn't want OE ones, so doesn't care about opinions on them.

This