ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Playing about

Now, I should prefix this by saying I'm not saying they are the best but my photos for my blog needed a bit of a revamp so started using my camera again, with my makeshift "studio":

40v0HAm.jpg

And I've been getting these results:

23622550042_b09b155880_c.jpg

23104031513_825680a46e_c.jpg

23435370120_c8138f1fab_c.jpg
23363141649_2603d92383_c.jpg

23435366560_ee1a37fd2d_c.jpg

And more in the album here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/matthew-evans/sets/72157662383263275

If anything, I'd like some advice - is there anything you can see I can improve on? As you'll notice the whites aren't perfect white in some cases, but you do what you can with what you are working with, not sure I can solve that without more lights ( just using an LED strip at the moment ).

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
This section has been pretty quiet tbh.

They look good. Fixing white balance shouldn't be an issue if you have lightroom or photoshop but that's not a major issue with the images tbh. They look decent enough for blogs/ product photography imo.

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS
The shadows look a bit harsh perhaps. With your LEDs are you using bare bulbs or do you have a diffuser?

The shadows look a bit harsh perhaps. With your LEDs are you using bare bulbs or do you have a diffuser?

Bare bulbs - the ones with the super harsh shadows I had to do with the LED's (and they're quite close because they're not that bright) - the ones with the softer ones you see I managed to get in daylight a few days before (about 6 second exposure though so it was still dark - no extra light).