ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Chat and Questions Thread

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers :)

Oh and has anybody got an OEM Canon flash foot going spare? I’ve just bought a 430EX and it’s not got the flash foot so I’lm looking to get one on the cheap.

Cheers :)

Oh and has anybody got an OEM Canon flash foot going spare? I’ve just bought a 430EX and it’s not got the flash foot so I’lm looking to get one on the cheap.

I made a real thing of getting these flash foot things for my two Sony flashes but tbh they are useless for the majority if not all off camera flash, a lighting stand is a much better investment and probably not much more or do as I did and use old tripods! (got two lighting stands and heads now).

Also once you start putting modifiers on the flashes they get too heavy for the little plastic feet.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I made a real thing of getting these flash foot things for my two Sony flashes but tbh they are useless for the majority if not all off camera flash, a lighting stand is a much better investment and probably not much more or do as I did and use old tripods! (got two lighting stands and heads now).

Also once you start putting modifiers on the flashes they get too heavy for the little plastic feet.

I’ve got some stands, but the flash needs the foot to have the thread to be put on the stand doesn’t it?

Although I think you can get those small things that are the size of the hot shoe but they have a thread on the underside.

Last edited:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I just posed a link to a stand ball head but I won’t need it seeing as an old tripod I have has a removable ball head on it.

Last edited:

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
I just bought this for convenience, I’ll just leave it on the stand and then buy another one for my second stand once I get a second speedlite.

I use these trigger things and they screw into the lighting stand, a pivot lighting stand head will clasp onto the flash shoe regardless.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Got two myself:)

Yeah it looks good enough from the reviews, it only has to hold a speedlite anyway.

Hopefully I should be doing more flash work, it’s something that I’ve never really broken into. I’m hoping to get to 3 speedlites eventually, I used a 3 flash set up not long ago and it was fantastic for automotive stuff. In the mean time it can be easily replicated using one flash, 3 photos and photoshop :)

Clio 182
Guys and girls, In need of help. I've bought some filters for my D3200 which are the size for a 52mm lens. They have just arrived and do not fit despite my lens and the filters being 52mm? What am I doing wrong? Do I need some sort of adapter? Just for reference these filters are a UV and a CPL filter along with some coloured filters aswell

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
They should just screw in if they’re screw in filters, turn the filter anti-clockwise when placed against the thread then wait for the little click type sound, that way you know you’re at the end of the screw thread, then just screw it clockwise until it’s on.

Italian 3.2 V6
Any one recommend a value for money off camera remote? I want to try some star trails out :)

Clio 182
Lads quick question, took a few pictures of my car tonight after a clean and on every photo there seems to be a blue light somewhere in the photo, I wasn't using flash and I turned off the focus assisting light so I don't know what it is? Really hope I haven't broken the lens or something major and I'm panicking lol

Clio 182
I don't have a laptop at the minute so can't get it from the camera onto anything to post it here I'm afraid, not helpful I know

Clio 182
20140112_153710_zpsrqaoddib.jpg

Above the 2.0 badge you can see it clearly (sorry about the awful quality)

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried taking a photo of something else other than your car? at the minute I’m suspecting that it’s lens flare from your Xenons, it’s happened to me a few times.

Clio 182
I think you could be right niall as after looking through the rest of the pictures from the rear of the car it is not there. How frustrating lol also I had a cpl filter on too but it doesn't seem to have worked as still getting the glare on the glass etc, am I doing something wrong or is the filter I've got just pants? Wasn't exactly expensive lol

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I used to get the exact same thing at certain angles with my old Nikon gear, it can olnly be avoided by finding an angle where it doesn't happen or buy really expensive lenses lol.

And you have to rotate the CPL for it to work.

Italian 3.2 V6
Right.. I have a budget of £500 MAX for a telephoto lens.

After reading a few reviews I'm looking at the Tamron SP AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Lens (£300). Any other suggestions for my budget?

Il be buying later tonight or early morning so need some advice/thoughts rapid.

This is for wildlife shots mainly but will be used for Motorsport on occasion.

Cheers.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Surely you could get a Canon 70-200 for that (used) and maybe an extender? Your shooting crop still aren't you?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I'll be getting my hands on an 800mm lens next week to play with at work for a couple of days.

Apparently it cost around the 8 grand mark!

Just hope I don't break the sodding thing lol

I'll be getting my hands on an 800mm lens next week to play with at work for a couple of days.

Apparently it cost around the 8 grand mark!

Just hope I don't break the sodding thing lol

I remember a friend of a friend lending me his 500mm F4 while we were shooting on the roof of an 8-storey building at night.
Didn't know the value until afterwards - £5k worth - glad I didn't drop it!
It really was a great lens though.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Surely you could get a Canon 70-200 for that (used) and maybe an extender? Your shooting crop still aren't you?

You can't, bottom prices for the non OS like I have are around the £580 mark, and that's for a half decent condition one.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Really? I thought that they were cheaper than that.
Will be a while until I upgrade then!

Edit. There's this on eBay
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=171215740221

Just saw my post *IS

Oh right yeah! I forgot about the F4, yeah those can be picked up for £350 easily (non IS).

If it’s an F4 the OP is looking for then PM JamesBryan, he’s got a good condition one for £350, I’ve used it myself a few times, really sharp lens and feels solid.

I took this with it-

9350221423_5ea89f1e22_z.jpg

Impretza by Niall97, on Flickr

Italian 3.2 V6
Iv made an offer for a canon 70-200 f4 tonight on ebay. Il see what response I get & possibly contact James in the morning.

Cheers.

Niall

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone point me in the right direction of a fairly decent but cheap fish eye lens for a nikon d3200?

I know Samyang make one that everybody rates highly, but there’s no autofocus, you’d have to manually focus it. The only autofocus AF lens for your camera would be the Nikon 10.5mm as far as I know, and that’s quite expensive.

Matt_90

ClioSport Club Member
  Sprint/climb 106 gti
I know Samyang make one that everybody rates highly, but there’s no autofocus, you’d have to manually focus it. The only autofocus AF lens for your camera would be the Nikon 10.5mm as far as I know, and that’s quite expensive.

The nikon 10.5mm fisheyes are around the £350-400 mark well thats what I sold mine for last year.