ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

people with ktr uprated engine mounts

b/g 182, meg tourer
my car is in need of new engine/gearbox/dogbone mounts, i was just wondering how people were getting on with there k-tec uprated mounts before i buy a set. i dont want to waste money on the standard ones as i hear that they tend to wear out very quickly.
im expecting a little more vibration at idle inside the car, but a more positive feel. would you reccommend them etc? is it worth it.

many thanks.
luke

ITB'd 182...
Powey has fitted some to his 182 and he's happy with them

Im gonna be in the same boat in a month or so i would like to hear some reviews

b/g 182, meg tourer
i think i will be going for them so i will let you know what i think. just awating a few reviews.
have read that 2 people are impressed but thought that more people had them.

ITB'd 182...
i think i will be going for them so i will let you know what i think. just awating a few reviews.
have read that 2 people are impressed but thought that more people had them.

Ok matey

Let me know how they go dude :)

I've got them. They're good but there is significant cabin vibe for me at idle, but I do have 428s in as well so my idle is probably worse than standard. The vibrations remind me of early diesel cars at tickover.

b/g 182, meg tourer
is the vibration that bad that it would put you off them, or do the positives out-weigh the negatives?

S3, Polo
Is there a halfway house between the solid KTR mounts and the poo quality stock items?

Because the car is going to be my daily driver, I'm not sure I'm man enough for solid mounts!

R35 GTR
I have them all round and have gotten use to the extra vibration, it seems normal now. Power is instant so well worth it.

mine aren't bothering me too much either

they're not solid BTW (Nero) - they're still rubber, but stiffer and of a different design

RS RIP
i'm wondering if any of these are going to be torn off the car ... :eek:

i can imagine the powers released with no ability for the engine to "tilt" some . I'm trying these next time round but i will leave the dogbone alone , for some "flex" ;)

106 GTI
Mine arent quite as stiff now, slightest of vibrations on idle but nothing serious.

Hopefully last alot longer too
Ive also powerflex'd my gearbox (dogbone) mount

b/g 182, meg tourer
mounts are fitted now, was just going to share my views with you all...

got the ktr (made by vibra technics, i believe) top engine mount, top gearbox mount and poly dogbone mount fitted yesterday and took it out for a good hour last night. what can i say... awesome! not too much increased cabin vibration, but there is a new rattle coming from some part of the interior, lol. but the engine feels smoother, more firm etc. and gear changes feel easier. a lot of money was spent on them but im very impressed with them and i highly rate them over the oem mounts. but as i said the vibrations are not that bad at all, the feel of the car more than makes up for it.

cheers.
luke

Last edited:
  b/g 182, meg tourer
oh, and under hard accelerating there is no knocking at all now. it used to do it quite badly. no vibration through the clutch like before either :)

improvement all round :)

S3, Polo
So, KTR mounts are £90 each and stock mounts are £60?

Will they outlast the stock items without impacting upon other components (loosening an alternator is no big deal - paint on the threads?).

Do you have to do all of the mounts at the same time, or can you just change the top mount? This is the only mount that is obviously fooked on my car!

b/g 182, meg tourer
they will aparently outlast the oem mounts yes. judging by the way that they are built, they should last a long time. i cant see them damaging other parts of the car.
i dont think you have to replace them all at the same time, but i thought it made sence to, rather than doing it bit by bit. plus you get them at a discount price when bought as a pair from k-tec.

So, KTR mounts are £90 each and stock mounts are £60?

Will they outlast the stock items without impacting upon other components (loosening an alternator is no big deal - paint on the threads?).

Do you have to do all of the mounts at the same time, or can you just change the top mount? This is the only mount that is obviously fooked on my car!

Apparently just changing one i.e upper engine mount can put more stress on the other mounts and wear them out quicker, so I've read anyway.

they'll surely outlast the soft OE mounts (?) but, if they need replacing, it looks as though you'd just replace the relevant rubber (the mounts themselves appear to be the same as a lot of those used by Vibratechnics - it's the alloy bits that they're bolted to that are specific to the Clio (and KTEC)

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
Im going to get the engine mounts and the gearbox mounts all done at the same time.

Ill let you know how i get on

Coupe/Defender V8
Just had mine all changed along with the dog bone, and I totally agree with Luke. The response and feel of the car has changed totally. Response low down has improved dramatically. I have to say though, I'm not usually a hater, but the vibration at first throws you a bit but it's not excessive enough to cause me to revert back to the OEM mounts (especially when they're so poor)

A* from me. Great improvement and not too harsh on the road.

Michael

Last edited:
Ive got the full set on mine also, you get used to the vibration and it felt normal for me after a week! I love the fact that the car feels quicker because there is no movement what so ever! Definate moeny well spent for me!

Nero - If you want to have a ganders in mine seeing as you live near your more than welcome to see what they are like!

Nick

R26
Had mine does at K-tech during Cam change, extra vibrations are definitely noticable and take some getting used but to be honest I quite like them, makes the car feel a bit beefier. Much less movement and smoother delivery.

RS RIP
everyone fitting these goodies ; check the dogbonemount bolts / mounting regularly as there have been cases of this one being ripped out of their threads .

I'm not dissing the mounts, i'm going for them next time round also. Just a warning

superbenji88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i
Got mine done at birchdown and the results are fantastic.
Love starting the car to feel the engine coming to life.

Also when you plant your right foot the energy isn't taken out by moving the engine it just goes into the drive train

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Mine are here waiting to be fitted. Just waiting for JMS to have their dogbone powerflex stock replenished.

Cooksport Fleet
I have box, engine and lower mounts. They are all very good. A little more vibration at idle and things seem to shake a bit (like the phone in the door handle) and the steering wheel slightly. But as soon as u pick the revs up....it seems to stop it. It seemed to be worse before the remap...but now the engine runs much better with the mods and vibration is less noticeable on idle.

Apart from idle.... MUCH better.

b/g 182, meg tourer
a lot of people seem to have these now. not many bad reviews on them at all! great product and im still very happy with mine :)

172 CUP
I fitted the ktec uprated engine mounts yesterday and it has transformed the car.
Most noticeable gain in my opinion is the gear change.
just go for it and get them fitted fella

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got these on the way from Ktec. How long do these take to fit? Just wondering if i'll have time to fit them one evening before it gets dark.

PH1 172 Sport
I've got these on the way from Ktec. How long do these take to fit? Just wondering if i'll have time to fit them one evening before it gets dark.

Would probably wait until the weekend. They are not an evening job. Especially the upper gearbox mount which can be a right pain in the behind!