ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Astra SRI/ Hornet
wouldnt let me join a friend tonight and theres s**t loads of lag. they better sort the servers out before launch as a lot more people will be playing.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
You'll get angry at it, guaranteed.

And delete everyone in his friends list while he's at it :rasp:

I've had a few matchmaking errors too, but it's only a Beta so I'm sure it will be better in the full game.

Mk2 ph1 clio
its nothing like bc2 at all, it has a totally different feel to it, guns actually have recoil and its more tactical! In bc2 you couldnt hinder and opponent by laying down suppressive fire ... Now it blurs their vision when you do it.

totally different games imo.

Loving it more now. Makes such a difference as to how much you enjoy it depending on whether you have a good team or not.
Can't wait to play the full game. The map on the beta is a tiny fraction of what games will be like with bigger maps, vehicles etc.
Not to mention strike at karkand!

PC is the only way to play this.

RS250 Megane
Been getting 'unknown error' message on my xbox all night. And when I do get into a game it's booting me out.
Doing my swede in.

The blur on screen when under suppression though is cool as hell.

Can't wait to play some HC. Normal mode is for faggots.

Evo 5 RS
Been getting 'unknown error' message on my xbox all night. And when I do get into a game it's booting me out.
Doing my swede in.

The blur on screen when under suppression though is cool as hell.

Can't wait to play some HC. Normal mode is for faggots.

Nah, see this is where you're just wrong. BC2 hardcore was for retards not straight people. BF2 hardcore made sense...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Oh and by the way, those asking what to do haven't really been answered.

As this is Rush mode only, you have to either Defend or Attack the MCOM stations. There are two at each location (A and B).

When defending, you have to stop the enemy planting bombs on the station. If that happens, you'll hear the alarm. You then have to get to the MCOM that's been hit and deactivate the bomb (holding B or circle). Big points for success.

As attackers, your job is to plant the bombs. Again, head to either A or B and plant the bomb this time, holding down B or circle. There are many tactics, either going for it yourself, providing support or even cover.

The beta is good, but the full game will be epic.

Integra Type-R DC2
Been rinsing this all day pretty much. Unlocked a ton of attachments for the M416, really interesting to see how changing attachements makes a difference in different scenarios. The Bipod/4x/heavy barrel combo makes for a great sniper combo.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I swear I just got killed by someone who I stood infront of and blatantly filled them full of lead to find out they supposedly killed me even though their health was showing as 0%

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Loads of stuff needs sorting on this. The more I play the more glitchesim noticing.
I'm not sure a month is enough time to fix them.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
ive been on that battle log forum and they have fixed a lot of stuff but there is still a lot of others to fix. check it out for yourselves.

I enjoyed a quick blast last night (xbox) and here are a MW2 fanboys views:

+ Gameplay is excellent, jumping over cover etc is much better than MW2.
+ Snipers are super acurate and you pick you off without any issues (not sure if this is good or bad - but realistic yes)
+ Few glitches - got stuck on the train in a corner lol
+ It doesnt take a whole clip to kill someone - if your accurate a quick one or two bullets does it
+ Big open maps - lots of cover for all types of players

- graphics are mainly good, but the xbox just cant cope with some of it - especially outside when the grass etc looked very unrealistic
- size of maps means it can take ages to fond people (sure it will get better with more maps)
- not so much pick up and play as MW2

All in all, I think this and MW2/MW3 are very differnt types of games. This year though, I'm going to give BF3 a go before I get MW3 - and thats saying something as I played MW2 for the past year!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
^ Conquest is a much better mode than Rush, IMO, too.

Conquest has the entire map open at once, so different battles can be going on all over the place depending on which base (flag) is being captured/defended (up to 4 different bases on BC2).

There are a few things I didn't like about the beta and few things I did. I prefer the fonts in game and character/weapon selection screens of BC2. While I love the outdoor scene of BF3, I kinda miss the war setting of BC2 (Arica Harbor, Atacama Desert etc). But I'm sure once the maps are opened up it will be epic.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Canny wait for tanks n planes n s**t y0!

Deffo. It'll be great with the crew all playing. I think we could probably get enough together for a full team or maybe even two teams to have a CS war.

Just a shame so many are on the PS3.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
My biggest gripe is when I'm in cover in some bushes, try to throw a grenade and it sticks to a leaf :(

Other than that, it's epic! Need to decide on whether to get it on xBox or PS3!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Aye that's true.

We'll have enough for a full one side, at least.

Bombed me out when I got on.

Iys difficult finding a game as a pair because the teams are always maxed out. Hopefully the full game will be better.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Release day is gonna be fun I reckon. People who got bc2 and medal of honour will know what to expect. What you're playing in the beta is very close to what we'll get on release. Apparently the invite system won't be fixed by release according to the battlelog.
I'm still gonna get it but it will be a long time before it's near 100%, it took years with bc2 to get all the glitches out.

It's a shame that lasers and flashlights are constantly on. Surely it wouldn't be too much to change it to turn them on when you bring your sights up?