ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
All I'm seeing is noobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoobnoob.

:eek:

Evo 5 RS
You know it makes sense man!
Don't forget servers can customise though! (at least on PC) So you can have hardcore damage if you really want it. I just don't see the point in defacing all of the team mechanics just so you can sneak around and single shot people. The tag system really isn't that much of a hindrance, I've knifed looooooads :eek:

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
HC mode is for n00b faggots - this says it all really

"Most guns you can just spray a bit and your target bites the dust. It takes much more skill when you have to aim and when head shots make more of a difference. In Hardcore it really doesn't matter that much"

Evo 5 RS
When I get a headshot in normal mode, it's like BOOM YERRRR. ;D

Where as in hardcore they go down so easy you don't really give a h00t

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Don't forget that you do too though.

Nothing worse than getting nine hit markers on a guy and him just running off.

Might as well play Halo FFS.

Evo 5 RS
Don't forget that you do too though.

Nothing worse than getting nine hit markers on a guy and him just running off.

Might as well play Halo FFS.

Don't think you know when you've been spotted though afaik?

i just can't see the point in removing all that s**t just to have a free for all. Like dropping everyone in a map and hope for the best lol

Nippy white cup
Whats the point in having a team game if you remove most of the functionality to assist team-mates. You get far less awesome firefights in HC mode as well, everyones sneaking around being faggoty, I just don't like it

Hitting them from that distance obviously lol. That's only when you've been spotted though, like

Keep to cover and you're fine.

This geezas post has a few good points!

Contradiction much?

I know everyone has different ideas about the game but I definatley prefer the HC mode. Tried playing normal mode when the HC servers were down I didn't like it at all...big orange markers and kill cams make me cry...

Anyway the good news is that there is a massive update coming which looks to balance out things like shotgun whores and also how little damage your rockets can do to vehicles

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-list-of-upcoming-battlefield-3-fixes-tweaks/

Chris

AK

M240i
FAMAS: The FAMAS combines an extreme rate of fire with extreme recoil making it very difficult to use at anything other than close quarters combat. Due to update restrictions, the FAMAS had different stats on all 3 platforms. The FAMAS is now uniform on all platforms and now has the correct 25 round magazine.

What was it before?

Glad to see that RPG's etc are being made more powerful. Hitting tanks 3 times and only "disabling" them FTL.

AK

M240i
Love the machine pistol with silencer. Shoot someone with the FAMAS reload and a guy pops round the corner, whip that bad boy out n he's a goner.

Evo 5 RS
Contradiction much?

I know everyone has different ideas about the game but I definatley prefer the HC mode. Tried playing normal mode when the HC servers were down I didn't like it at all...big orange markers and kill cams make me cry...

Anyway the good news is that there is a massive update coming which looks to balance out things like shotgun whores and also how little damage your rockets can do to vehicles

http://www.computerandvideogames.co...-list-of-upcoming-battlefield-3-fixes-tweaks/

Chris

It's not really a contradiction though is it you clapper. Keeping to COVER to avoid being shot is not the same as sneaking. Surely if you're getting your panties all in a bunch because people know where you are, if you're any good you'll be able to take them out.

Unless you're PANTS?

Kill cams are perfectly alright, unless you're going to be sticking it out in the same spot. Again, pants. HC mode is just TERRIBLE. Also there are normal servers without kill cam for those who are that way inclined.

Nippy white cup
ahh keeping cover ie camping? Sorry for being a 'clapper'. I understand the concept of cover but how do you get from one point to another....loudly running through the bushes? Or 'sneaking' to your next area of 'cover'. If not then when you are in the open you are easily able to get spotted then tagged..but I guess that doen't matter if it takes a full clip in the chest to take someone down

I'm off to play something similar to non hc mode....Doom anyone? :p

Chris

Evo 5 RS
whole idea of tagging is your teammates can see them though. Don't forget when they're tagged they only appear on their mini-map, not on their screen, so they only know their last known location.

Instead of HC where you have to run off down the hill on your Jones looking for them because you've no way of telling your teammate. Should be called handicapped mode.

I don't even know what a clapper is, just came into my head LOL.

Evo 5 RS
I'm 90% sure that's only when YOU tag em mate. Everyone else has to use their hud.

Actually I'm not so sure that's right, would have to check... personally I don't think it matters either way

The marker definitely only appears if they're out of cover though

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Only about 7 times.

Quite like the Famas. It shall be my weapon of choice until I work out how to unlock the G3.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Coop mode IIRC.

How were you finding it last night? You seemed to be doing better.

It's great. I need to learn the maps though. The matchmaking is a little extreme, too? We were pitted against guys who have clearly w*nked to those maps. I was never once killed by a guy less than rank 40 for the entire play time last night. Really surprised me. At least on BC2 you had a few newcomers waltzing around not knowing what to do. I think I was probably the lowest ranked guy on either team, at R17.

Nippy white cup
You not get hold of a mic Neil? The number of times I would shout something then realise you can hear lol...after getting shot from a good 100m with a shotgun I really can't wait for the patch that should get rid of some of the unbalanced stuff

Chris

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I need to sort that mic out Chris. I have the Turtle Beach headset so just need to connect a mic up I think.

I remember from last night, Christopher spawned on me and we were faced each other doing star jumps and he got hit in the head with a rocket. That was funny as f*ck. I laughed for a bit and then revived him.

Like the fact that once you're revived it takes your death away from the K/D ratio. Saying that, I was looking at some of the guys on Rank 15 Prestige and they had like 10,000 kills to 28,000 deaths yet still had HUGE scores. Guess it's all about team play.

AK

M240i
Did you hear my Scottish LOL :eek:, I was getting really annoyed at that Siene crossing, A & C are a nightmare to keep.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah. At one point you were top of the leader board with 0 kills 6 deaths ;), lol.

FLOL! I need my K/D back from BC2... :(

I still haven't used Recon class because of the negatives I keep hearing about the rifles.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Did you hear my Scottish LOL :eek:, I was getting really annoyed at that Siene crossing, A & C are a nightmare to keep.

That WIPEOUT WARRIOR was insane on Siene. His dogtag said he had over 2000 melee kills. I found this out when he knifed me. Sneaky b*stard.