ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[PC/PS3/XB360] Battlefield 3 Official Thread

You know what I find impossible on this? The planes/jets. I can fly them fine, but haven't actually killed anything or anyone in one yet. Any advice?!

AK

M240i
Go on maps that have a lower number of players. Chances are the helicopter and plane pilots are noobs you need to get your kills up to unlock the missiles.

I've got them and it's so much easier now.

Cant believe how good* I am at this game.

So much to get used to. I need to play with you lot more, so that I can keep learning. I find it hard to know what to do when no one else is talking. Had a couple of decent games and one terrible game LOL.

*read as "otterly s**tfaced"

work for BMW
some advice for jets =

conquest maps like wake island and karg island have 2 jets on each map which makes it easier to get in one.
unlock flares asap and use them when someone has fired a missile at you
unlock the homing missile (cant remember name) which makes it easier to target and destroy enemy jets
machine gun is very effective at killing jets but you need to make sure your aiming just infront of the target
holding left trigger engages the airbrake which makes you able to turn much sharper, just press LT and let go off throttle then turn
using LT for the airbrake slows you down which can make it easier to compose yourself, take aim and shoot.
try and unlock the air map perk asap which enables you to be able to see exactly where all the enemy planes are on your radar.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
lol how do you kill people with the MAV? I've tried several times and inflict no damage at all. Do you need a huge run up or something?

I've only ever got 1 kill using it and that was because the dude was climbing a ladder so when he got near the top I hit him and he fell off and died when he hit the ground. Was most amusing tbh.

Instead of trying to land it on them, just build up speed and aim the crosshair at the chest, you should be able to fly right through their chest whilst killing them :eek: Will take a few goes at first but once you get used to it, it's comedy gold! Lol.

1.8 Civic EX
Woooo! Got my first jet kill! On karg island some sniper kept getting me so once I worked out where he was I jumped in a jet and head straight for him, full in nose dive with the machine gun blazing. Killed him literally split second before I hit te deck. Was basically point blank range lol bet he s**t himself!

Woooo! Got my first jet kill! On karg island some sniper kept getting me so once I worked out where he was I jumped in a jet and head straight for him, full in nose dive with the machine gun blazing. Killed him literally split second before I hit te deck. Was basically point blank range lol bet he s**t himself!

I lol'd.

I tried the jets again last night and was just getting absolutely owned. Think I will leave them for the pros. :dapprove:

On another note, I'm getting huge amounts of kills using the vehicle mines.

AK

M240i
10 revives and 10 heals mate.

It's an awesome gun.

Saw your scores last night :dapprove: you need some serious play time, lol.

Really?! I don't find it any more/less powerful than the other guns.

Maybe it's more noticeable on normal mode rather than hardcore.

1.8 Civic EX
I lol'd.

I tried the jets again last night and was just getting absolutely owned. Think I will leave them for the pros. :dapprove:

On another note, I'm getting huge amounts of kills using the vehicle mines.

I managed to take out another jet on the same game too. Was actually quite easy, the hardest part is getting one in your sights in the first place. I unloaded a few rounds and the pilot bailed out leaving his jet basically gliding real slow which allowed me to take me time, line it up and blow up the jet so got some points for vechicle disable/destroyed.

That plus the 1 kill I've managed using the jets and I unlocked the flares already so not many kills/points seem to be required to start getting the good stuff.

Will keep practicing.

I unlocked the FAMAS a while ago, still not got round to trying it out yet. It certainly is a popular gun though, along with the USAS.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
10 revives and 10 heals mate.

It's an awesome gun.

Saw your scores last night :dapprove: you need some serious play time, lol.

Yeah I don't get it. I ended up literally following a team member around and watching him kill the enemy and take gun fire to see where I was going wrong. Genuinely, I was unloading at least a full round of the SCAR into enemies and they were taking it and then killing me in what seemed like one shot. It was massively frustrating :(

Completely lost my mojo with this coming from a relatively high success on BC2. Wonder if anyone still plays that.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Non-hardcore mode is f*cking awful IMO.

I think I've only ever played hardcore on any of the BF games if it was available.

AK

M240i
LOL! Have you seen all the icons kicking about the screen telling you where folk are from miles away, mental.

Evo 5 RS
Non-hardcore mode is f*cking awful IMO.

I think I've only ever played hardcore on any of the BF games if it was available.

f0 real?

Hardcore mode only ever worked in BF2, that is all. In-fact hardcore mode normally appeals more to MW players. Good example is if you're trying to disarm the bomb by yourself, with 10s of players coming at you at once. If you're telling me that because I know where you are is the reason I put all dem' b**chez down, you trippin

Evo 5 RS
Whats the point in having a team game if you remove most of the functionality to assist team-mates. You get far less awesome firefights in HC mode as well, everyones sneaking around being faggoty, I just don't like it

Evo 5 RS
Hitting them from that distance obviously lol. That's only when you've been spotted though, like

Keep to cover and you're fine.

This geezas post has a few good points!

First off there's the spotting mechanic. It renders it useless in hardcore mode which does few of the following things. It lets players move about with much less awareness. You don't have to worry about someone tagging you so you don't need to pay attention nearly as much as you normally do.

Next off it lets people exploit certain map points, meaning it encourages camping. Since there is no killcam good luck figuring out where that sniper killed you from and that touches on another balance issue with sniper rifle killing you in one hit with body shots, will cover that in a bit. The camping issue can be a real nightmare with maps that have many houses, windows and whatnot.

When you play normal mode you have to watch your minimap a LOT if you want to succeed. It makes you think more on your feet and it forces you to understand the flow of the battle.

Then you have motion mines. This mode makes them useless. It throws a big tactical element straight out of the game.

The biggest problem however is the lowered health. This is what kills most of the balance in the game. Most guns you can just spray a bit and your target bites the dust. It takes much more skill when you have to aim and when head shots make more of a difference. In Hardcore it really doesn't matter that much. You just spray a bit and your target falls. Explosives become another exploit that is harder to deal with. Take people camping a house shooting 40mm tubes refilling themselves. This kind of crap doesn't work that well in normal mode for reasons I covered. Now we have the snipers and shotguns. Those things kill in one hit to the body at all ranges with magnum ammo with one exception which I will get to after this. In BC2 I am good with a bolt rifle. There is nothing I can't kill with it if it is possible to do so. Running targets at long range, helicopter pilots etc. When you are forced to aim for the head as I have to it makes the whole usage of a bolt sniper much more difficult, skill oriented. While I can tag a running target in the body almost without effort, it just makes it too easy.

Shotguns are again a great problem with magnum ammo they kill at all ranges with body shot. (pump shotguns with slugs). When I play normal anything but CQC I am forced to aim for the head making it much harder to exploit this setup.

To counter this just run around with medic and use body armor. Enemies can't kill you in one hit (unless headshot) and you get to heal yourself. With no spotting or killcam as that kind of medic you are very hard to stop. Plus LMGs being basically an AR with a bigass magazine.