ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Other people's clio's always look better !

clio 172
Ok call me werid but i saw a lovely clio 172 RS on the A38 the other day and it had 17"s on it was really clean in Plymouth

but why is it that other people's clio's always seem to be just that but nicer than mine?

I almost had that feeling like 'oh i wish i had 1' and i was driving mine!

am i werid or has anyone else had this feeling?

2014 Clio 200t edc
I often think that other clios look more 'aggressive' than mine but I think it's down to the colour.

clio 172
yeah it could be that it was that mid night blue colour correct me if i am wrong ! def looked better but mine is a nice example i hope he was thinking the same ! lol

Now Sold :-(
It's because you know every single fault and blemish on your own car due to seeing and driving it every day. When you see a fleeting glimpse of another car it often looks better. Have a close look over it and speak with it's owner and you will see it's likely no better or worse that your own.

LY R26 230 F1 Team
It's because you know every single fault and blemish on your own car due to seeing and driving it every day. When you see a fleeting glimpse of another car it often looks better. Have a close look over it and speak with it's owner and you will see it's likely no better or worse that your own.

Exactly this.

clio 172
@markkram your colour is furking lovely btw ! I love that colour :p, see i am doing it again ! maybe cause mine is black and i didnt really want black but i do like it now !

Now Sold :-(
@markkram your colour is furking lovely btw ! I love that colour :p, see i am doing it again ! maybe cause mine is black and i didnt really want black but i do like it now !

Cheers. TBH when I was looking for the car the colour was at the bottom of my list of priorities. I was just after the best example I could find in my budget.
Having owned it for a couple of years now I must admit I do love the colour.

GSXR + KDX220
It's the same when you spend hours cleaning and polishing your own car, stand back and think it looks good to then see another one that looks even more shiney and flawless lol

But as said, its because you know every blemish and fault with your own.

They generally look better than mine because they are clean. Probably true about knowing your own faults though.

I think when you pass one going the other way they look quite purposeful and wide, you only ever see urs stationary or from the drivers seat..

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
A Clio with 17's looked nice?! I'm assuming you couldn't see clearly due to illegal tints (yo!)...

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Should have blocked him? :rasp:

Nah lol I know what you mean I get the same thing, but anytime I walk towards mine from a distance (car park etc) I'm reminded of how awesome my car looks too ;)

is1

Integra Type R DC2
It's as a few people have stated, you tend to only see your car close up and without a sense of perspective.
When you see others, they are usually driving away from you and therefore look smaller/chunkier, or they are cornering with lean which again makes them appear lower, squatter and you will often see from a distance angles that you cannot appreciate with your own car. They are there though!

One of my favourite views of a 1*2 is from rear quarter from a distance, the way the front wings flare out and the wheels fill the arch (motorsport style), and with the same view, the way the sill extension/skirt runs along the sill and meets the flared front wing. It looks like it has been for a workout.

CLIO 182
Nearly everyone that has seen mine doesn't even know the difference from a sport and a normal Clio. Had two girls ask me why I was polishing a Clio, only to comment on how awesome my mates Type R was and how fast it was! The best of it is, my mates been out in it and knows he would struggle to get away from it and that it sounds much nicer :)

Clio 182
I was thinking of selling my clio for something different. Last week my friend drove it around a field while I watched. Christ, it looked and sounded epic from a pedestrians perspective. I'm happy to keep it now.

LY R27, Fiesta ZS TD
love my LY R27, but whenever I see an RB or a green 200 it makes me wish i'd had a proper look and got a different colour!

White clique
It could be because yours is genuinly one of the shittest about, lets not overlook this. Would you buy your car if you were Clio hunting?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
get someone to drive the car up the street and back again and you will realise its just the same.

Clio 182
every time i see a black or blue 182 i think dam that looks sexy in comparison to my silver one and hate my car for just a few miins lol

Rusty Cup
get someone to drive the car up the street and back again and you will realise its just the same.

Agreed i always let people borrow my sport, gf, mates and when i watched it drive off down the road i always thought sh*t me thats a good looking car :D

Do you do the park it, lock it then look back as your walking away!! i never parked my sport without looking back at it!!

LY R27, Fiesta ZS TD
Yep. A field. Well a very large area of grass which you can take cars onto in the summer.

I do this all the time.

I even walk the longest way around back to it in a car park so I can look at it for longer!

clio 172
It could be because yours is genuinly one of the s**ttest about, lets not overlook this. Would you buy your car if you were Clio hunting?
who are you to say mine is a bad example? and the answer to your stupid question is yes i would! well done on the first stupid comment off the scale !

clio 172
think the reason he said this was does he even own a renaultsport ? prob not ! BMW hairdressers car in his pic, puff ! :p

Clio 182 Trophy #229
I know eaxctly what you mean but im fairly sure It's just life. Everyone always thinks other people have it better its the same with almost everything. Car they drive, clothes they wear, looks, money, house, gilrs the list goes on. It can't be helped lol

White clique
who are you to say mine is a bad example? and the answer to your stupid question is yes i would! well done on the first stupid comment off the scale !

So yours doesnt look as good as all the others that you see, yet you bought it? Can you now see why yours still doesnt look as good as the others? Personally i would have bought one of those that you keep seeing that looks better than yours if i were you!

BTW i owned a 172/182 and 197 years ago TBH.

BMW 118d
whenever I saw an Albi 197 like mine I always thought how great it looked going along but I'd never get the same impression seeing mine parked! Odd

clio 172
So yours doesnt look as good as all the others that you see, yet you bought it? Can you now see why yours still doesnt look as good as the others? Personally i would have bought one of those that you keep seeing that looks better than yours if i were you!

BTW i owned a 172/182 and 197 years ago TBH.
you totally missed the point, you are meant to read my thread then reply, I love my clio and its a fine example i am not saying its not! But if you get what i am saying other people things always look better and the clio i saw was a 172 just like mine so why would his be any better! as they say there is always 1 !!

172 cup- suzu rf600r
Rob the more you reply to people in this sort of way the less people will help you with any questions mate