ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Oreca 'Race' Exhaust, 'GREAT' Quality!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373481374.683295.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373481351.783201.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373481326.183163.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373481337.499794.jpg

My advice? Don't buy one. No warranty on it because the tailpipe had two inches cut off the end, which has obviously caused this to just fall to pieces.

Cheers K-Tec!

S1 Rallye Shed
Thats s**t, never thought it do that. My brothers omp which is identical did a similar thing. Gutted for you.

Focus st170
Looks about right for something k-tec sell I had one of there not very stealth exhausts on my clio 1.2. after a year on the car is was rusty as f**k and was blowing at the cat joint and also got threw two exhaust hangers. Won't ever bother with there producs again.

Clio 172 Phase 1
Is that the one I seen on ebay not so long ago? Or did you buy it new?

The one on eBay had the tailpipe cut that's all.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
I bought an exhaust of K-Tec a long time ago for my 1.2 was crap and they are a joke, never used them again

Clio 197
What have ktec said ? I thought the warranty only applied to the original purchaser ? Why was the tailpipe cut ?

Cup In bits
TBF to k-tec they don't even make these they are just a seller. As usual it pays to go to the manufacturer to the tune of circa £200... I know I have one and the quality is pretty good IMO.

Also theres no chance that exhausts 18 months old??? Poweflow exhausts don't even go that quick and they are really poor grade of stainless.

S1 Rallye Shed
Is that the one I seen on ebay not so long ago? Or did you buy it new?

The one on eBay had the tailpipe cut that's all.

No it was already on the car I was the previous owner and had the tailpipe cut down as it look too long.

TBF to k-tec they don't even make these they are just a seller. As usual it pays to go to the manufacturer to the tune of circa £200... I know I have one and the quality is pretty good IMO.

Also theres no chance that exhausts 18 months old??? Poweflow exhausts don't even go that quick and they are really poor grade of stainless.

Think you'll find it is 18 month or there abouts old as he has the receipt when he bought the car off me. It's just a poorly made exhaust system.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I'm feeling the ktec love in this thread. ..
Its true what they say give good service and people will tell their friends. . Give bad service and people will tell everyone :)

Cup In bits
No it was already on the car I was the previous owner and had the tailpipe cut down as it look too long.

Think you'll find it is 18 month or there abouts old as he has the receipt when he bought the car off me. It's just a poorly made exhaust system.

Maybe so but I wouldn't expect to see any exhaust in that state after 18 months, even up here with all the salt in winters

Also it looks like a stress crack where it has failed rather than the obvious surface rust on the welds which IMO has been caused by running no centre exhaust hanger (I know I don't due to the way they sit)

Last edited:
im with Swede Cup on this as he said K-tec do not make this exhaust and also by the exhaust been 'modified' with the tailpipe been cut down then most warranty's would be void if you took a saw to it or modified it etc.

Shame on Oreca for sending something like that out for the market tbh

RB 182 cup
mine seems fine. odd thats yours is a pile of s**t.

Was it mounted funny causing it to be under stress? had you removed the flexi or done the cat flange up solid without the springs? ... solid engine mounts?
Naturally sat, the exhaust shouldnt be under enough stress to pull itself apart.

banther

ClioSport Club Member
Ktec products are great - service and work is poor.

This isn't a ktec product as is clearly understood from the name of the exhaust.

Its very easy to join the ktec bashing crew but this shouldn't be one of those instances. Its like blaming Tesco for a bad batch of Lurpak. Redundant.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Playing devils advocate:

Looks like its been scraped on the ground?
Also did it have the centre hanger as its got loads of extra stress on the end of the silencer without one.

Maybe 'race' implies an emphasis on lightweight for racing occasionally as opposed to durable for daily use?

S1 Rallye Shed
It's had 2 inches taken off the tip hardly compromised the rest of the exhaust. And it had a centre mount when I sold it.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
Looks like your car if full of great quality nick.. How long before your spax give up :/

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Ktec products are great - service and work is poor.

This isn't a ktec product as is clearly understood from the name of the exhaust.

Its very easy to join the ktec bashing crew but this shouldn't be one of those instances. Its like blaming Tesco for a bad batch of Lurpak. Redundant.

Exactly lol.

172, Tiguan
Totally agree that the exhaust looks pretty shocking for 18 months old, but I can also see why they refuse to swap or refund. If i'd modified something in any way I wouldn't expect a company to honour any warranty.

Totally agree that the exhaust looks pretty shocking for 18 months old, but I can also see why they refuse to swap or refund. If i'd modified something in any way I wouldn't expect a company to honour any warranty.

Oh I don't disagree Jon at all, however K-Tec were far eager to palm Adam off rather than maybe speaking to Oreca and seeing what they have to say. Given they are the sole supplier for this exhaust, I'd like to think they could have made a bit more of an effort. I'd be even happy if K-Tec/Oreca contributed towards getting a replacement or even getting this one sorted in some way, as I like the design/weight of this system.

330i. E30 Touring.
I understand that modifications can result in warranty being void, but in this case a bit of common sense/ good will should apply as the modification is in no way responsible for the failure.

If you cut the laces on a pair of shoes and the sole fell out, would you blame the laces?

As sole agent, K-tec should deal with the manufacturer. End user shouldn't deal with the manufacturer.

Nick- phone K-tec. Explain situation. If not, speak to Oreca.

After 18 months, no exhaust should be in this state.

Loads of orecas sold - I've seen them 3 or 4 years old and fine. Mine is well over 3 years old and polishes up like a mirror
Either it's dropped and been hit at some point or it's been bouncing around on knackered rubbers - but somethings caused that to split

No offense - I realise chopping the tip off wouldn't cause that - BUT from orecas point of view maybe someone put it in a vice and cut the end off with an air saw - and the vibrations/stress cracked the box... So oreca won't be willing to take it back. K-Tec didn't even sell it to you, it's 2nd hand. etc....

I love how this has turned into another K-Tec bashing thread though... people need to get out more.

You know seriously I don't want to start calling people liars - but i'll get pics of mine when I get home. There's NO WAY that's 18 months old. The rust on it is insane!